Tactics feedback (4132 dm counter attack)

So, playing as Stade de Reims in the first season, and I like to play on the counter. Just looking for some thoughts on my tactic, which I just implemented into the team, due to the previous one failing miserably. Any help is welcome.

image.jpg

On 26/07/2023 at 00:51, Hanzek31 said:

So, playing as Stade de Reims in the first season, and I like to play on the counter. Just looking for some thoughts on my tactic, which I just implemented into the team, due to the previous one failing miserably. Any help is welcome.

image.jpg

I would push the duty of the CM(S) to (A) duty. Since you are using an IWB on attack, I would recommend a more aggressive winger - the defensive winger is a fantastic pressing winger. 

You can give him player instructions to add bite to the right flank: “get further forward, cross from byeline”.  He will do a good job of protecting the right flank, whilst giving u a solid attacking option.

I would also remove the trap outside, since it will see the wide players just easing out of the way, instead go for  “stop cross” to encourage the wider players to help you defend.

If you add “work ball into box”, you will get some nice synergy down the flanks. If a wide player is obstructed from making the cross they will play the pass inside and someone could pop one over the top.

Finally to take advantage of that add the player instruction “take more risks” on the AF, this should encourage him to drive at defenses all the time looking to run in behind taking advantage of the team instructions you have used. A DLF(s) is a decent role but my favourite by far in this kind of setup is the CF. He can synergise with the CM(A) as he drops deep enough to link up. Your creators will be the IWB, CF and if the DM has the eye for the pass, so will he.