[Suggestion] Match Highlights > Comprehensive > Stop showing every offside

The Enforcer

Hi,

I raised this issue several versions ago and I saw that someone had this reviewed more recently in 2020, but I see it's still happening in FM23: the comprehensive highlights are dominated by non-controversial offsides for both teams. It makes comprehensive highlights so tedious in many matches, certainly at the LLM level that I play at. It's hard to imagine Match of The Day being reduced to a showreel of nondescript offside calls?!

I do not understand why it is necessary to show all of these for both teams in preference of other potential highlights (e.g, another poster mentioned that we see free-kicks but rarely the foul that led to them - that would be more insightful and entertaining)? Offiside data can be useful, but I can get this information from the statistical breakdowns available during and after the match.

I might even set my team up to try a high-risk strategy of breaking beyond the opponent's defensive line, thereby resulting in a lot of offsides, but compensated for by clear cut chances when the strikers do get through. In that situation, the offsides would be expected as part of the game plan. I still don't wish to see them all though. Even if I have a more cautious/deeper-lying formation, which doesn't seek to test the opponent's offside trap, I then find myself watching footage of a succession of offsides by my opponents instead.

Hopefully someone can take a proper look this time: all you need to do is play/watch a few matches (LLM, but maybe its the same at higher levels?) on comprehensive setting and try staying awake then you will see exactly what I mean!

Cheers,

TE

• 1 month later...