Manager issues - Contracts

I really really would like managers to negotiate contracts.We cannot just stay at a club for years,and sometimes I want to leave a club but the only way is to be sacked or resign which is frustrating.I would love to see managers signing contracts so that we can decide whether to stay or NOT

• SI Staff
1 hour ago, Lemar said:

I really really would like managers to negotiate contracts.We cannot just stay at a club for years,and sometimes I want to leave a club but the only way is to be sacked or resign which is frustrating.I would love to see managers signing contracts so that we can decide whether to stay or NOT

Might I was why it is different you letting a contract expire or you deciding to resign or setting your interest (manager options page) to show what jobs you'd consider currently?

ie. what benefit occurs from a contract?

7 minutes ago, Marc Vaughan said:

Might I was why it is different you letting a contract expire or you deciding to resign or setting your interest (manager options page) to show what jobs you'd consider currently?

It would be more immersive if you could wait for your contract to expire instead of having to resign.

With that being said maybe a contract system would help when applying for new jobs (when contracts run out an managers leave you get a chance to apply for a new job more often). At the moment you can only join a club instantly (when another manager is sacked) or the job is gone. But more often you would stay at your current club until the end of the season and then move on. And from my experience so far clubs don't really use the 'interim coach' feature enough, so that you could have the chance to apply to a club at the end of the season.

• SI Staff
On 24/06/2023 at 16:01, Adelrahn said:

It would be more immersive if you could wait for your contract to expire instead of having to resign.

With that being said maybe a contract system would help when applying for new jobs (when contracts run out an managers leave you get a chance to apply for a new job more often). At the moment you can only join a club instantly (when another manager is sacked) or the job is gone. But more often you would stay at your current club until the end of the season and then move on. And from my experience so far clubs don't really use the 'interim coach' feature enough, so that you could have the chance to apply to a club at the end of the season.

You're aware that you can apply for jobs at any time when they're available even if you have a job currently? - you can also register an interest in any insecure position within the game, basically its an informal indication to the board of the club that you'd like to be considered 'should' the position become available.

The latter can for obvious reasons upset your current club.

1 hour ago, Marc Vaughan said:

You're aware that you can apply for jobs at any time when they're available even if you have a job currently?

Yes i know this. What i meant was if a job becomes available throughout the season you have two choices.

1. Apply for the free job and therefore (if you get the offer) immediately leave you current club to join the new one.

2. Don't apply for the job, the job gets taken by another manager and is not going to be available for some time (maybe years).

I just thought being able to sign a 'pre-contract' to take over a club at the start of the next season would be a nice way to finish the current season at your current club and then moving on to the new job instead of having to leave mid-season.

• SI Staff
1 hour ago, Adelrahn said:

Yes i know this. What i meant was if a job becomes available throughout the season you have two choices.

1. Apply for the free job and therefore (if you get the offer) immediately leave you current club to join the new one.

2. Don't apply for the job, the job gets taken by another manager and is not going to be available for some time (maybe years).

I just thought being able to sign a 'pre-contract' to take over a club at the start of the next season would be a nice way to finish the current season at your current club and then moving on to the new job instead of having to leave mid-season.

Ok so what you're really after is the ability to delay taking a job until the end of the season rather than 'manager contracts' per-se?

2 hours ago, Marc Vaughan said:

Ok so what you're really after is the ability to delay taking a job until the end of the season rather than 'manager contracts' per-se?

Yes. I just tought that maybe this could be acheived by introducing contracts. As a reminder i'm not the op - i just got the idea by reading the post.

• SI Staff
1 hour ago, Adelrahn said:

Yes. I just tought that maybe this could be acheived by introducing contracts. As a reminder i'm not the op - i just got the idea by reading the post.

Cool - glad I'm understanding what you're after, this probably won't be possible to implement for this coming years game (simply because we're already in mid-swing with things and have a lot planned already) .. but I've made a note to look at it for the version after (sorry it can't be sooner, but I'm trying to avoid a nervous breakdown if possible ;) ).