Save my 4-3-3

As the title says, my 4-3-3 needs some help! I don't know how, but i'm currently 5th in Serie A in italia, even though the half of my team are playing like trash.

My biggest problem is that my AF doesn't get ANY chances in any game. Nobody is passing to him and he never runs into channels as an AF.

My CM-s is my best playmaker, but he has 1 and 1 goal assist in 20 games. He got 16 vision, 16 passing 15 first touch, 17 technique...

I have no idea what roles i need in the midfield. My DLP-d has been decent, but none of my cm players are opening their defence

Another BIG problem is that my B2B and Cm-s are shooting from distance when they can. They never hit the target. Instead of waiting for a better chance, they just close their eyes and hope for the best.

This tactic works fine against bigger teams for some reason and i have tried changing roles, mentality and LOF, but that doesn't do anything. 

Sometimes i have 60% possesion and 15 shots but only 3 on target. They always shoot from distance. My wingbacks aren't crossing the ball and just turns around to kill chances. When they finally cross, they never hit any of the 4 players in the box.

I just want my team to STOP shooting from distance 24/7, actually make runs into channels, pass to my AF and give him a chance to score.

Can you please help me and tell me what i'm doing wrong? Being 5th with this team doesn't make sense as you can see on their ratings. They can play 2 good games with ratings over 7 and then play 2 games under 6,3 with no shots on target or anything. Are my roles wrong, mentality wrong.

I want my AF to get more chances. i want my IW and WB on the right to pass it to my AF or IF-s. I want to stop my CMs from shooting outside the box against defensive teams. I want my team to stop losing possesion by dribbling or turning around when i have 3 players free for passing. Is there anything in my tactic that doesn't make sense to you?

2bec3342f6a7b41ce19cdc899d63b166.png

6459e0539a09ab48bb2a43590cc53d10.png

2 hours ago, LasseT95 said:

My biggest problem is that my AF doesn't get ANY chances in any game. Nobody is passing to him and he never runs into channels as an AF.

Are you asking anyone to "take more risks" in the PIs? You don't have pass into space in the tactic, and are playing out from the back, both of which will cut down on your through ball attempts. The DLP, who will get the ball a lot by being a playmaker, will also recycle possession primarily and not look for a through ball. In my own saves I've played around with asking him to "pass more direct" and "take more risks" on a supporting role, but you could try out a Regista as well. 

My CM-s is my best playmaker, but he has 1 and 1 goal assist in 20 games. He got 16 vision, 16 passing 15 first touch, 17 technique...

What traits has he got? If you're playing him in a blank role (like CM(s)) those will heavily influence how he plays that role. You could do the above mentioned passing tricks in his PIs as well.

I just want my team to STOP shooting from distance 24/7, actually make runs into channels, pass to my AF and give him a chance to score.

Go into the Pis and ask them to stop shooting.

Easiest fix: Tick "pass into space" and remove "play out from the back." Get rid of the counter press too, which will just help your tactic in general. 

Long term fix: Develop a second tactic that isn't so defensively minded to help break down opposition when they're sitting back against you. 60% possession and shooting from range (because youre on a mid block designed to break) means your team is big enough that opposition is happy to sit back against you. 

Edited by Cloud9

26 minutes ago, Cloud9 said:

Are you asking anyone to "take more risks" in the PIs? You don't have pass into space in the tactic, and are playing out from the back, both of which will cut down on your through ball attempts. The DLP, who will get the ball a lot by being a playmaker, will also recycle possession primarily and not look for a through ball. In my own saves I've played around with asking him to "pass more direct" and "take more risks" on a supporting role, but you could try out a Regista as well. 

I tried to put "take more risks" on my CM-s and he dropped a 6,4. The only trait he have is "tries long passes". I am learning him "tries killer balls"
I don't have "pass into space" because they will do it anyways and most my games are against teams where i can't pass it into any space. 

I am considering changing my DLP-d to a DM-d and my CM-s to a mezzala-s, playing fairly narrow instead of fairly wide and lowering the tempo to normal. I have no idea how to break down the 5-3-2 and 5-2-1-2 beside pressing their wingbacks, play wide and use wingbacks for width. But when i have 60% possesion and can't hit the target, i have no idea what to do. I play good against the big teams, but i can't beat the small teams. Should i play with high lines or low lines against bad teams and i should i play fast or slow against them?

38 minutes ago, LasseT95 said:

I tried to put "take more risks" on my CM-s and he dropped a 6,4. The only trait he have is "tries long passes". I am learning him "tries killer balls"
I don't have "pass into space" because they will do it anyways and most my games are against teams where i can't pass it into any space. 

I am considering changing my DLP-d to a DM-d and my CM-s to a mezzala-s, playing fairly narrow instead of fairly wide and lowering the tempo to normal. I have no idea how to break down the 5-3-2 and 5-2-1-2 beside pressing their wingbacks, play wide and use wingbacks for width. But when i have 60% possesion and can't hit the target, i have no idea what to do. I play good against the big teams, but i can't beat the small teams. Should i play with high lines or low lines against bad teams and i should i play fast or slow against them?

He's got the attributes to playmake, but maybe he's got other problems holding him back, look at his mentals (decisions esp) and his consistency.

I like to go wide to stretch the pitch (forcing them out of their compact shape) on a low tempo, and then creating overloading runs from inside the park to exploit having pulled them wide. "Hit crosses early" is useful and I'd recommend going high lines when you want to be in control. 

5 at the back systems are hard to break down, that's their strength, and are particularly resistant to an all out press. I'd focus on creating the tactic itself first, before worrying about how to deal with specific opposition. 

Edited by Cloud9

I still think you could play with the Tempo

Tempo is the time you allow your players on the ball, the higher the tempo, the quicker the player with move the ball on, shoot, run with it etc 

Positive Team Mentality comes with a higher tempo, then you're adding on a bit more 

If players are making rushed decisions on the ball, lower the Tempo and see if that improves things :thup:

I would say your problem both in terms of lack of assists for your CM-s and shooting from distance is because you have no penetration either from deep or from wide areas.  All he is left with is a hopeful ball over the top for the AF-a as the rest of the team are not making any forward runs (slight exception being the IF-s who has the default PI gets further forward, which helps but he is still on support so its not going to be the same as an attack duty).  So basically the reason your CM-s isn't getting assists is because there is no one making runs to create for which is also leading to the long shots issue, they pass it around a bit and then get fed up of waiting for someone to make a run and have a pot shot.  I would suggest you need at least 1 more attack duty, possibly 2.  I would definitely turn the BBM into either a CM-a or a Mez-a to give you some threat from midfield (you may have to experiment with the role of the AML if he doesn't work with your selected attacking role in midfield).  You could also consider changing the AMR into a IW-a or even IF-a to give you some additional goal threat from out wide, this would give your CM-s runners to hit on either side of him and the AF-a who might also have more joy if he isn't always so isolated up front.