Football Manager Mobile Feature Tweak

This one is wrt The Manager-Player interactions: sometimes on Personal tab of Players, especially those 17 and below, mostly those youngsters or hot prospects or wonder kids, away from their homeland in South America or Africa, it shows them as homesick. These are countries that do not prohibit sale or purchase of players 15 or 16. And most times they are bought or sold for peanuts when compared to European players. And these kids have no bargaining ability or power as they're 15 and 16 and 17. They're signed up for the minimum 80£/€ or max under 500€/£. In just about 2 weeks, these players start feeling isolated, homesick. In such cases, coaches are like guardians and therefore should be endowed with a new feature to interact and allay their homesickness etc. Great talents need psychological and emotional nurturing as they evolve over 4 to 5 years time. Manager - Player interactions must get more meaningful, intensive and conversational than just a Praise / Criticise/ Discipline (in rare cases). FM23 can get more human! Mobile Version must come with more option / freedom to choose how graphic intense or Feature rich one wants to run based on the respective phone's capabilities and specs. It should not be any different from PC Version and the choice to limit or run full capabilities must be with the FM player. I mean... when PCs show players in action, Mobile Version shows dots moving around. Can upgrade!

Edited by kkthedoc

• SI Staff

If you have a player who is unhappy you can often interact with them in FMM to try and discuss the issue - when you do so you can simply talk to them or attempt to intimidate them depending on your preferred approach ...

Intimidation can work well on younger players, but also runs the risk of the player having a backbone and getting upset about your approach (basically you're just telling them to 'suck it up' and get on with things).

PS - FMM will NEVER go the conversational approach that FM has simply because its far too complex and confusing for a mobile product imho, we will eventually get a 3d match engine in FMM - but it won't be for a while yet simply because older devices can't handle it at present and I want as many people as possible to be able to play the game (oh and the small factor of the amount of dev time required to integrate such a thing ;) ).

Hi, thx for the reply. Of course, I talk to players all the time. After games, before important games... I regularly chk the Morale status as well as Personal tab. Sometimes they're afraid of facing a team. At times you know who you should give starter role based on their Personal, Coach Report of Training Status. Of course,  sometimes they're umoved by your praise or criticism. That's alright. But it has helped me draw or win matches players are diffident about playing. I spend time with Youth players typically to help them grow. And Mentoring. Huge tool. With a view to Mentoring, I often invest in buying old experienced, determined horses to use them as Mentors for Reserves. Just that, at times, it is limited on Mobile version. While on that,  a li'l digression. When we activate the Asset Strip narrative, it's the Chairperson etc asset stripping. Should that reflect with an E or F of Board Confidence on Gaffers? There can be a limited use mechanism to yell back at Chairperson about public outrage for asset stripping 🤣 Cheers!

Edited by kkthedoc

• SI Staff
6 hours ago, kkthedoc said:

When we activate the Asset Strip narrative, it's the Chairperson etc asset stripping. Should that reflect with an E or F of Board Confidence on Gaffers? There can be a limited use mechanism to yell back at Chairperson about public outrage for asset stripping 🤣 Cheers!

The board confidence under that is reflected by your usual performance, but also how arsey you've been to the board - there will be occassions when  you can speak out against the board and that will lower the confidence they have that you're their stooge ... 

(giving a specific 'speak out against board' option might be interesting though, if I've time I'll look into it)

• 3 months later...
12 hours ago, Engjell7 said:

I give up with football manager mobile from 7 years playing it…netflix + not 3D match engine it made me to be done with that game

you are entitled to your own choices and opinions, I for one am sad to see fellow fmm fan step away from the game

I am not gonna comment on netfllix as it is not time or place but I will make add a comment on 3D engine

I have been in this since fmh12 and naturally over the years I saw hundreds of complaints about 3D ME

I get it, humans are visual creatures but you also have to understand that this is a game of managment simulation unlike pes or fifa where you focus on graphics and gameplay..sure visual touches would be nice but only when everything else within the game is set right

Also understand that 3D engine takes time to polish, we do not want a buggy ME out there do we, I am not gonna name any games but all mobile games outside of maybe one had huge issues with it..I can't comment on how long it would take to properly implement it I will leave that to the devs(I am not a programmer or developer) 

All modern phones can easily handle 3D for sure(maybe drain bit more battery) but it should not be a primary focus in a game that simulates club managment, I for one would much rather see some other features included as well as stuff fixed that already exist within the game

Yeah, Netflix bind is a miff. But, that's the biz aspect and occupational hazard.  Gotta live with it or pack. As for Dots, I don't mind. Keeps the engine faster. There's only so much android can and can't.