What tactics are you using?

I'm managing Newcastle in a glory hunter save and I'm in the 29-30 season, and I am having major tactical issues. Obviously being at Newcastle I've spent a load of money and have a team I think should be capable of winning the title, I did even win the UCL last season but this season I have massively wobbled. Nothing I use seems to be working, not even the Gegenpress preset seems to be working for me anymore which was previously my break glass option. I was just wondering if anyone could share what they are using on their saves and compare it to what I've been using and see maybe were I have been going wrong? 

5 hours ago, ReadingFan82 said:

I'm managing Newcastle in a glory hunter save and I'm in the 29-30 season, and I am having major tactical issues. Obviously being at Newcastle I've spent a load of money and have a team I think should be capable of winning the title, I did even win the UCL last season but this season I have massively wobbled. Nothing I use seems to be working, not even the Gegenpress preset seems to be working for me anymore which was previously my break glass option. I was just wondering if anyone could share what they are using on their saves and compare it to what I've been using and see maybe were I have been going wrong? 

Sounds like you've gone a bit Chelsea :D Only joking of course

You'll have to post your tactic up to get any help, no one knows your team like you do so looking at other people's tactics won't help you much 

Here is the tactics I used for some of the last season and the start of this one, the 523, some of the results I have had with it as well as reports for my playing squad. I started using it in the 1-0 defeat away to Arsenal in the UCL, with the last game being the 4-2 win against Chelsea this season in the PL. The biggest issue I have with this is its failure to create chances at all, let alone good ones. In a lot of the games I won I actually outperformed the xG, in some quite considerably, which is completely different to what I usually have were I underperform it quite considerably. If anyone has any suggestions please let me know.

I also have the best coaching staff in the league. I don't really mess about with training regimes, etc... as I don't really understand it but, sometimes I get a message saying my players are unhappy with the general low level of training.

Screenshot (58).png

Screenshot (57).png

Screenshot (56).png

Screenshot (60).png

Screenshot (59).png

On 05/05/2023 at 13:40, Johnny Ace said:

Sounds like you've gone a bit Chelsea :D Only joking of course

You'll have to post your tactic up to get any help, no one knows your team like you do so looking at other people's tactics won't help you much 

I have maybe a little bit yes :)

I've posted the tactic as well as some other things form my save in my last post so feel free to have a luck

19 hours ago, ReadingFan82 said:

I have maybe a little bit yes :)

I've posted the tactic as well as some other things form my save in my last post so feel free to have a luck

Think you could sort the morale and you will see results go just fine with that squad :thup:

If you're struggling I would opt for a double holding pivot. I would move the WCB from WCB(d) to (s), stick dribble more on the BPD and evaluate if you want Timber to not have a more expansive role.

Have one of your front 3 be on a supporting duty.

Low block will struggle, a lot of your opposite will sit back against you and your sitting back as well. A defensively minded style works best when the opposition brings the game to you.