[Suggestion] Staff feedback on transfer offers received

turnip

It would be good for there to be some staff assistance in understanding transfer offers that human managers (let's call them HMs) receive for their players. It's an area of considerable frustration for some HMs when there's no visible context for why clubs are making the kind of offers they're making.

I think there are a couple of different levels of advice here:

1) The News module - particularly during a transfer window - generates lots of information about big clubs looking at players, but I doubt many HMs have the time to wade through that to find out why Lyon (as an example) are bidding for a player they've never shown interest in until now. If the HM is told by a staff member that Lyon have tried signing a bunch of similar players but lost out on all of them, the HM is then in a position to make a more informed choice about how to respond, i.e. accept, reject or negotiate. Or, linked to this, have they recently sold a first team player in the same position, so the HM can intuit that this could be a replacement.

Basically, at this level of advice, the game is just summarising already existing information and presenting it to the HM in one place - via the Staff Member. 

2) The Staff Member provides some of the hidden information we don't usually get visibility of to help the HM understand what's going on. E.g. if a bigger club is bidding for a player at significantly less than should be received for them, is this because they're hoping to unsettle the player? This sometimes comes up in News items, but doesn't seem to happen consistently. Or is this a club trying to fill out their Youth squads, so if the bid is rejected they'll probably move on soon; or has the player been identified by a scout as being a massive talent so they're really keen to sign him. Obviously, the game knows why an AI manager is bidding for a player, but the HM has to guess. 

At this level of advice, the game is presenting information that the player doesn't typically have access to (or needs to infer from the info they do have) to support the HM to decide what to do with the offer. This feels to me like something that probably happens in real life. 

Possibly, the accuracy of this could be linked to the Staff Member's attributes (I was thinking this would be a Director of Football/Assistant Manager kind of job) but I'm 50:50 on that, since the time you'd most need this information is before you can get the best staff for those roles. Eh. 

• 1 month later...