Naming reserve sides

EnigMattic1

Does anyone know how to rename a reserve side? In the screenshot, you can see that Victoria Highlanders have a 'C' team called "Mid Isle Mariners", but if I try to change the name of the reserve side on any other team, it reverts to 'X' Reserves/B etc.

image.png.eb8f6bcffbebea43fd3bcbcd17990d40.png

@EnigMattic1, have you already tried via the poor men's option, which is to edit the "City, Club and Stadium Names" file?

It is  under "Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Football Manager 2023\data\database\db\2340\lnc" and you can make specific adjustments using the codes below, according to the UniqueID of the club:

"LONG_NAME_CHANGE" [unique ID here] "NAME YOU WANT HERE"  - Use for long team names
"SHORT_NAME_CHANGE" [unique ID here] "NAME YOU WANT HERE"  - Use for short team names

For instance, you want to keep the full club name, but use another "short" or "nickname" (or whatever you want, really), you would do something like this:

"CLUB_NAME_CHANGE"     701 "Queens Park Rangers"""
"CLUB_SHORT_NAME_CHANGE" 701 "QPR"""

Here's an old file of mine, so you understand how it usually works, if not familiar. I only inform you that it is outdated and adjusted to my personal liking.

City, Club and Stadium Names.lnc

Edited by lugui

2 hours ago, lugui said:

@EnigMattic1, have you already tried via the poor men's option, which is to edit the "City, Club and Stadium Names" file?

It is  under "Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Football Manager 2023\data\database\db\2340\lnc" and you can make specific adjustments using the codes below, according to the UniqueID of the club:

"LONG_NAME_CHANGE" [unique ID here] "NAME YOU WANT HERE"  - Use for long team names
"SHORT_NAME_CHANGE" [unique ID here] "NAME YOU WANT HERE"  - Use for short team names

For instance, you want to keep the full club name, but use another "short" or "nickname" (or whatever you want, really), you would do something like this:

"CLUB_NAME_CHANGE"     701 "Queens Park Rangers"""
"CLUB_SHORT_NAME_CHANGE" 701 "QPR"""

Here's an old file of mine, so you understand how it usually works, if not familiar. I only inform you that it is outdated and adjusted to my personal liking.

City, Club and Stadium Names.lnc 675.62 kB · 0 downloads

I've tried that. It just seems weird when Victoria Highlanders can have a reserve team with a different name, whereas every other club has to be "reserve".

Ok, in the "Comp Editor" folder, there is this line of code that is linked to any 'B', 'C' or 'D' team:

<!-- name -->
            <record>
                <flags id="field" value="C4nm" />
                <translation id="name" translation_id="229689" type="use" value="Name" />
                <flags id="type" value="string" />
                <boolean id="is_client_field" value="true" />
                <boolean id="is_language_field" value="true" />
        <list id="read_only_dependencies">
          <record field="C4nt" equals="true" />
        </list>
      </record>

Is there anything in there that would enable me to edit the name if changed to "false"?