Stadium pool & National stadium issues for Cup matches - help needed!

After watching today's FA Cup Quarter Final matches, and the wild celebrations of the winning teams because they were getting a date at Wembley (for only a semi final), got me longing to return the FA Cup to the way things used to be. So I have set about removing Wembley as a semi final venue, and set up a pool of 9 stadia to use instead. However I have run into several problems that I just can't seem to get to the bottom of. Most of the time the semi finals are played from one of the stadium pool venues. However the exclude home part is not always adhered to. Also Wembley is not always used as the final venue. In fact it only seems to be in the first year. I don't know why. I have now tried several combinations but just cannot fathom it. Could anyone point me in the right direction? Here are some screenshots of what I have selected. I also reintroduced replays for the semi final and final.

fa cup semi final stadium pool.jpg

fa cup rounds.jpg

fa cup final dates.jpg

The final stadium might be because it has to be set at various different points. That's something I ran into when working on the Iron Curtain as well. Drove me nuts.

12 minutes ago, Wolf_pd said:

The final stadium might be because it has to be set at various different points. That's something I ran into when working on the Iron Curtain as well. Drove me nuts.

Yes I am at the driven to nuts point now! Extensive searching and reading using the search function taught me the 3 areas to pinpoint, but I still cannot fathom it. Time to walk away and come back when I've a fresher head on!!

I got to the bottom of it 48 hours later! I ended up using the 'Stadiums for Fixture' tab in 'Stadium Rules'. I allocated Wembley to the Final and then set 'Specific Stadium' tab in the Rounds section. Finally I had to Set the Stadium Rules tab in Fixture Dates to read 'Ask Competition Neutral'. Wembley plays every time in the Final now. Also instead of naming the semi final venues I opted for using minimum and maximum capacities. Works 90% of the time, with the odd repetition of venue and the odd Wembley thrown in (even though I set the capacity max to be less than Wembley's 90,000).