How to make your wide players your main goal scorer ?

Hi everyone !

I’m posting because I struggle so much to make a wide player a main goalscorer.

I play Arsenal, and both Martinelli and Saka have fantastic attributes for IW or IF. However, I always fail to make my wide players shining.

And, tbf, I don’t know what I am missing.

The best way I found so far is putting the wide player as an AF with stay wider, but it’s a bit like cheating…

I feel like I’m loosing my « football mind ». I’m a huge fan of Cleon’s and BTN’s work. They helped me to keep things simple stupid, but working.

However, for the wide players, it feels like very complicated…

I came in to see if we shared the same issues with my save, unfortunately not. 

If you want your wide player to be the main goalscorer then play him like an IF or RMD and then use a combination of roles on one side to draw players there. You want someone on that side to have switch ball to other flank as a trait, but its not necessary. Roles like an IW or an AP wide with a Mezzala or RPM in a 4231 will draw players to that side, now you have the players and roles that can attract opposition players. In this case it would be easier to achieve the passes with a mid block during a transition.

Le 04/03/2023 à 10:23, Delial a dit :

Best typo ever.

Haha, I had not notice !

il y a 56 minutes, Rashidi a dit :

I came in to see if we shared the same issues with my save, unfortunately not. 

If you want your wide player to be the main goalscorer then play him like an IF or RMD and then use a combination of roles on one side to draw players there. You want someone on that side to have switch ball to other flank as a trait, but its not necessary. Roles like an IW or an AP wide with a Mezzala or RPM in a 4231 will draw players to that side, now you have the players and roles that can attract opposition players. In this case it would be easier to achieve the passes with a mid block during a transition.

Thanks a lot. I did try a combination of W, AP and IWB on the opposite flank of the IF, but I had mixed results…

The best thing I can do is starting over my tactic. I think I’m trying something too complicated (With a F9, a W on his wrong foot, a RPM, A IWB who takes the place of the Mezz while building up).

• Johnny Ace changed the title to How to make your wide players your main goal scorer ?