Unsure what to delegate and what to control

12 hours ago, John100 said:

What are the things you usually delegate to others specially in lower leagues with limited budgets

You're looking at a level where all the staff are terrible, so if you're playing a 'standard' game, do everything except media duties.

What do I mean by standard? I kind of role-play, starting as a manager with no qualifications or experience, this 1s in all attributes. I don't allow myself to do anything more than picking the team and tactics at the beginning, adding one more responsibility each time I earn a coaching badge.

Other than media duties, which are horrific, I do most things. When at higher levels, I will get a good assistant (tactical knowledge over 15) to set opposition instructions for me.

I'm a micro manager and I love it.

At the end of the day, it is a game, so do what you enjoy! I can't stand press conferences so I don't do them. I love training and sorting my U19 staff out, so I do that :)

47 minutes ago, XanderMD53 said:

Other than media duties, which are horrific, I do most things. When at higher levels, I will get a good assistant (tactical knowledge over 15) to set opposition instructions for me.

I'm a micro manager and I love it.

At the end of the day, it is a game, so do what you enjoy! I can't stand press conferences so I don't do them. I love training and sorting my U19 staff out, so I do that :)

I'd really recommend doing the OI yourself if possible, leaving it to the assistant can lead to your players getting pulled out of position and giving away cheap free kicks.

You can set it up so it's the same for every game and then make minor changes per opposition. For example, showing their wingbacks onto their weaker foot. 

Edited by Cloud9

42 minutes ago, CARRERA said:

I hand over all media interactions, team training and all kind of contract / transfer negotiations.

My goal is to limit the advantage as a human player against the AI.

However, feel free to do whatever you like. 

After playing the game I feel, training is one of the key areas of the game, even with great coaches you will do only ok, but not great, also not sure how good the AI is to help develop the youth with automated training, however the AI does never use "Match review" after each game which helps to avoid same mistakes moving forward. Contract and transfers I am not sure if having good staff would be helpful, while I do not enjoy it too much, I do not want AI to do a bad contract signing or let go of an important player. I guess I was looking for areas where having good staff the AI can make good or at least not that bad decision