Starting a save pre winter update

13 minutes ago, Faberbrembel said:

Obviously the official winter update is arriving soon.

If I would download any extensive transfer update there is no real reason to wait, is there? Since most bugs/gameplay fixes are save compatible.
Or am I mistaken?

Some fixes are save game compatible, but I wouldn't bank on all fixes being save game compatible

It might be worth cross referencing this with the update release from FM22's Winter Update to see what they did last year

* wording from last year, so you might be okay - 

All gameplay adjustments will take effect in ongoing careers, while data and rule changes will not be implemented until a new career is started. 

Edited by Rob 396

1 minute ago, nico_france said:

If it’s like last year

The main winter update should be live this week

Imo, might be worth waiting till the end of the week to get a proper update running 

Could be second week of March too. But yeah, I do agree, hence my doubt rn

20 minutes ago, Rob 396 said:

Some fixes are save game compatible, but I wouldn't bank on all fixes being save game compatible

It might be worth cross referencing this with the update release from FM22's Winter Update to see what they did last year

* wording from last year, so you might be okay - 

All gameplay adjustments will take effect in ongoing careers, while data and rule changes will not be implemented until a new career is started. 

Saw that too my dude, have a very boring week this week. Love me a new save, although haven't picked one. 

Edited by Faberbrembel

9 minutes ago, Faberbrembel said:

Saw that too my dude, have a very boring week this week. Love me a new save, although haven't picked one. 

I'm in the same boat - wanting a solid new long-term save but I feel like I've been waiting for the Winter Update, so none of my recent saves have lasted long

Just now, Rob 396 said:

I'm in the same boat - wanting a solid new long-term save but I feel like I've been waiting for the Winter Update, so none of my recent saves have lasted long

Jep true, its in the back of your head from mid-end december and onwards. I do have a harder time with FM than usual tho

17 minutes ago, SergeiG said:

Man, for almost a week I have been itching to get back to football manager(didnt play for 2 months) and I said I would wait for the DB update and then start but this waiting is killing me...Been too long away from Football Manager :seagull:

But DB updates are easily found through Google too, why do you prefer the official one?