Using mouse on PS5 won't work

Has anyone managed to use a mouse on the PS5 version? For some reason the cursor for me doesn't want to move outside the top left quarter of my TV and I can't see any way to change it.

Does anyone know if a setting needs modifying please? 

Edited by HCFC_Clark

• Administrators

You'll need to do one of the following: 

Either change your PS5 resolution to 1080p in system settings, then you can use bluetooth / USB mouse.

You can find this in PS5 settings > screen and video

Or, switch to mouse emulation on the controller (L3 to change to cursor mode). You can move the cursor with the analog stick, X will be left click, R3 right click.

We're looking into the issue currently but one of the above will allow you to workaround the issue at present.

• Administrators
58 minutes ago, teggit said:

resolution change failed for me sadly

Hope you can sneak in a small patch soon as so many people have mentioned this to me on my live streams of FM 23 PS5

I wonder whether that may be a resolution of the resolution your TV is running at. Will see if our QA team can investigate that.

In this case I'd suggest switching to mouse emulation with the controller (it is what I have also done, and I'd like to use mouse too).

As mentioned, use L3 to change to cursor mode. You can move the cursor with the analog stick, X will be left click, R3 right click.

Personally I also switched the left stick to be the right stick and swapped X with R2 and it feels much more natural for me.

We are looking into the issue as mentioned. Hope my suggestions work for you in the meantime. :)