[Suggestion] Change to how contract offers work

autohoratio

Instead of contract talks breaking down if the player/agent isn't happy with the proposed playing time or other promises, I think it would be better to have a message along the lines of "After failing to reach my client's requested demands, I am no longer prepared to provide immediate feedback regarding contract discussions. However, you may still submit a contract offer that my client may take into consideration in the coming weeks." – essentially like how a club you're negotiating a transfer with will sometimes back out of "Suggest" negotiations and you'll have to submit a transfer proposal that they'll respond to in a few days.

I think this change would more realistically reflect how contract negotiations work in real life - the agent/player might not be satisfied with the contract offer immediately, but instead of rejecting the proposal purely based on playing time/promises, that offer will still be left on the table if they change their mind or if other clubs don't offer them a better contract. This would also reduce the frustrating divide between a player refusing to negotiate down from "Regular Starter" if you're only prepared to offer "Squad Player" playing time, which I feel happens too often in FM23.

• 3 weeks later...