Competition with 13 teams

Spoof

Hi there,

I'm working on a database for The Netherlands to make it more realistic and have all the lower leagues from the base game playable.

What I've come across is an error which states that "It can't find rules for a division with 13 teams"

This error has shown itself also for a competition with 8 teams.

Does anyone know where to find and adjust those rules? Or is it something I need to make myself, in which the question is where do I apply those rules?

FM23 Editor 13 teams.jpg

The Netherlands - 1ste klasse Test.fmf

• 3 weeks later...

Check the amount of teams for Eerste Klasse Zaterdag via the competition screen. There might a be Jong team in it which causes it to be 13. You don't always see reserve teams and Jong teams are reserve teams.

Unfortunately it is my intention to use 13 teams.

The real league system in The Netherlands is in a period of big changes which makes it that not all competitions are full (some on lower tiers even have only 10 or 11 teams instead of the usual 14)

So if I want to go for realism, which I am, I need to find a place where I can play with a league with an odd number of teams in the league

This is the issue:

20230126111930_1.thumb.jpg.71b670c176416af9f8fe27d98db5751e.jpg

There's only 1 ruleset for that division and it's set to only run if the team has exactly 14 teams. Hence the error that it can't find rules for a league with 13 teams.

You need to either create a new ruleset for that division with different requirements (eg. min/max of 13 teams) or edit the existing set to match what you've got.

Additionally, the Team numbers in both stages are also set for exactly 14, so those would need editing too.

20230126111940_1.thumb.jpg.2e4b1b87d969329a0be21a484dd32777.jpg

20230126111947_1.thumb.jpg.c8bfd38b428781dc42bac4a05909813d.jpg

Oh wauw, ThnQ. I didn't think that line in Valid Years did anything, so I hadn't checked it.

After that I also checked all the other numbers and changed them. Now busy with testing and hopefully the problem is solved.

Thanks again!