Crossing… how do I?

Just a couple of questions regards crossing…

1) When players are free in the box & the wide men are in a crossing position, how do I get them to deliver a ball straight into the box? Would I need to select ‘Hit early crosses’ & ‘Whipped crosses’? Not sure I want it whipped it, more driven across, but I assume that’s the best option.

2) When players are at the byline & there are men free in the middle how do I get the ball cutback? ‘Work ball into the box’ & ‘low crosses’? 

Would like to see my teams pull off both crossing moves during games so I’d rather not use instructions for one style that limits the other if possible. Are there specific roles, duties, or traits that may help?

Both crosses and cut-backs, are common patterns and you dont really need specific instructions to set them up. One way of using corsses effectively is to have at least one striker who has good jumping reach, strength and heading with a role that is looking to be in a scoring position inside the box e.g. a Poacher.
On the Wings you basicly want to create situations, where a wide player actually gets the space to cross e.g. an overlapping fullback. To achieve the cut-backs, you need to support the widest player and give him a relative close passing option. You can either have a central player supporting wide areas or a wide player moving into channels. Also a more narrow attacking width can help as you are forcing your team to play the ball through central areas.