Competition Short Name Showing Up Incorrectly

tariq13

Created the 2nd division in the United States named USL Championship. In the game, when looking at the list of active comps in the USA, the name of the USL Championship is showing up as "USLC". I changed the short name of the competition and it's showing up correctly everywhere else except here. Admittedly this is a small nitpicky thing, but it's bugging me and I can't figure out what the issue is. Anyone know? I included the database and some screenshots to show what I'm talking about. 

In-Game.jpg

Editor.jpg

Up to USL Championship.fmf

4 hours ago, rusty217 said:

20221225022624_1.thumb.jpg.92c5e386990854170d562448fe2416aa.jpg

It works fine for me. It's either another editor file you've got running or a "real name fix" that you're using that's affecting it. Looks like whatever file you're using also changed the names of the Cup, Canadian Championship and All Stars.

Wow, that's interesting. Thanks for taking a look. It helps to know it's only happening on my end.

Just checking, because I had it with another user who had something similar (teamname though not competition). Which languages are you using for the game and editor? On occassion a case of translation can cause this.

I figured out what the issue is. I forgot I had downloaded a names fix file from FM Scout, but it's not a database file, it's a .INC file, so I forgot about it. After removing that file, my competition names were showing up correctly.

On 24/12/2022 at 18:05, Wolf_pd said:

Just checking, because I had it with another user who had something similar (teamname though not competition). Which languages are you using for the game and editor? On occassion a case of translation can cause this.

Did you download any .inc files? That's probably what it is.

1 hour ago, tariq13 said:

I figured out what the issue is. I forgot I had downloaded a names fix file from FM Scout, but it's not a database file, it's a .INC file, so I forgot about it. After removing that file, my competition names were showing up correctly.

Did you download any .inc files? That's probably what it is.

No, in his case there was a name difference between his native and English language. By changing language settings in game and editor we spotted the issue.