Things that "work" in FM 2022

Hi Team

Haven't played for a while and just starting my first save in FM 22. What are some tips or better...what are some thing you've noticed that work generally in 22? I like to create tactics from the scratch but at the same time do not want to waste too much time. Example I see that many people are using AFs? Any other tips?

Thank you!

On 08/12/2022 at 13:51, Al Bundy said:

Hi Team

Haven't played for a while and just starting my first save in FM 22. What are some tips or better...what are some thing you've noticed that work generally in 22? I like to create tactics from the scratch but at the same time do not want to waste too much time. Example I see that many people are using AFs? Any other tips?

Thank you!

My takeaways from many experiments with FM22:

1. Two strikers are often better than one, especially at helping avoid having an out of form striker from sinking your offense
  2. Narrow diamond and 4-3-3 are remarkably resilient formations, with the diamond being surprisingly solid defensively
  3. AML/AMR inverted wingers and inside forwards will frequently receive mediocre match ratings unless they score or assist, which will eventually sink them into bad form and affect their ability to develop and play well
  4. Playing inverted wingers at the ML/MR spots is a good workaround to the issue in point #3
  5. IWB(a) will achieve better ratings than conventional wingbacks, and they deliver a lot of goals from just outside the box
  6. Excellent set piece takers will perform great, log great ratings, and always be in form to deliver offense for your team
  7. A back 3 can work very well, though I found a back 4 provided better long-term results
  8. Roles that often do well: AF(a), IWB(a), CM(a), DLP(s), RPM(s), SS(a)
  9. Positive mentality delivers consistently good results, though very attacking is reasonably good when you are desperate for a goal
  10. Intense pressing, counter, and counter-press are effective instructions

If you get your morale management and squad building right, your tactic can be just about anything. SI did a good job of making it possible to succeed with a wide variety of formations in FM22.