How to approach Preseason training on FM23

49 minutes ago, fries said:

Interesting approach. I think I will try it out. But I have a few questions.

How do you evaluate the success of your preseason?

Why is the rest day preferred to a recovery and match review day?

I evaluate my preseason to be successful if my squad not just my starting XI get to the first league game of the season in top condition, sharpness and morale. With a high tactical familiarity in the squad. 

Recovery and match review “charge” your players still as they’re still doing training however light. You could try that approach and see but I wanted one full day off for the players. 

1 hour ago, danielgear said:

I evaluate my preseason to be successful if my squad not just my starting XI get to the first league game of the season in top condition, sharpness and morale. With a high tactical familiarity in the squad. 

Recovery and match review “charge” your players still as they’re still doing training however light. You could try that approach and see but I wanted one full day off for the players. 

Thanks for the answer!

Do you know how the preseason affects the fatigue later in the season? Can you minimize fatigue midseason by seting up the preseason? If yes, how have you considered this in your planning?

1 minute ago, fries said:

Thanks for the answer!

Do you know how the preseason affects the fatigue later in the season? Can you minimize fatigue midseason by seting up the preseason? If yes, how have you considered this in your planning?

For me preseason is about setting up a strong base fitness wise, regardless of how you approach preseason fatigue will need to be managed through the season with rotation and training plans. 

48 minutes ago, pedromanuelpinto said:

Very interesting. The 3 load for day, and before the game, don’t put your team with to much injuries?

will try with the new save. 

There is always the risk with injuries but preseason is the time you’re going to train them the hardest therefore the risk increases anyway. In the preseason above I got through it with only a few players getting knocks less than a week.