Need help for away games...

I am just getting desperate and I don't really now, what I am doing wrong... I mean, I am happy, finishing 2nd, 3rd (CL quarters), currently 2nd with West Ham, but I feel like I could get way more and challenge the league, when I could just find a way to not lose every second away game...

Just look at the screenshots... 14wins from 14 games at home, and already 7 losses away from 15 games...

I sent my tactic aswell and hope, you guys can give me some feedbacks... I played almost all games with a dlp on support instead of an adv. playmaker, but didnt help either...

The way how I concede? I am very very easily losing possession in my own half, literally, my players just stop playing and wait for the opposition to close them down and take away the ball... I am even losing games that I dominate, because I miss so many chances meanwhile the opposition just wins one ball in my own half and scores...

image.thumb.png.28a4d0f2de28d8828630a67c4444a81e.pngimage.thumb.png.c208e6ef2adc7240cd952226284f22de.pngr/footballmanagergames - For the love of god, why are my players forgetting the basic principles of football, when playing away?

I think you are doing quite well in terms of results.

49 minutes ago, goku4 said:

The way how I concede? I am very very easily losing possession in my own half, literally, my players just stop playing and wait for the opposition to close them down and take away the ball...

Remove play out of defence, it can really make your players struggle if they are set under pressure from a high pressing opposition. Transitioning the ball quicker into midfield will help your players to overcome the press. Dont worry, they wont hoof the ball as you are on a positive mentality.

//edit: Oh and there is noone creating width on the left flank sufficiently. And noone is creating depth on the right flank sufficiently.

Edited by CARRERA

27 minutes ago, CARRERA said:

I think you are doing quite well in terms of results.

Remove play out of defence, it can really make your players struggle if they are set under pressure from a high pressing opposition. Transitioning the ball quicker into midfield will help your players to overcome the press. Dont worry, they wont hoof the ball as you are on a positive mentality.

//edit: Oh and there is noone creating width on the left flank sufficiently. And noone is creating depth on the right flank sufficiently.

thx for the help, yes, result wise, I am more than happy, always finished at least top 3 in my first 2 seasons and in the third I am challenging city, however, my away stats are just awful. don't you think that a mez (a) plus a full back told to stay wider is not offering enough width? and what would you recommend for the right side as combo? I replaced underlap on the left and ticked on counter and just beat liverpool 4-0, but again, at home xD

52 minutes ago, goku4 said:

don't you think that a mez (a) plus a full back told to stay wider is not offering enough width?

The mezzala is rather a player for the channel, it could be an idea to move him to the other side or at least have him switch position wit the AP from time to time, so he can support the winger who stays wide the other flank. Regarding the Fullback, I'd properbly had to see the game, if he plays as a wide outlet. Maybe add "runs wide with ball" as well. If hes support rather midfield, id switch to a wingback. 

57 minutes ago, goku4 said:

and what would you recommend for the right side as combo?

If the mezzala stays on the left you could use aarons on an attack duty to attack the right channel and therefore make your team more aggressive (if you need a goal for example), or use him on a defend duty if the mezzala moves to the right, to create depth behind the ball and make your team more conservative (to see out a match e.g.) Either way, give him and defend or attack duty will create mor depth in yor play.

1 hour ago, goku4 said:

I replaced underlap on the left and ticked on counter and just beat liverpool 4-0, but again, at home xD

Thats great, so dont change too much if results are coming. Wondering tho what actually happens away. Did you notice anything specifically?