Influence who is signed for my 21s/18s

I have delegated the task of signing new players for my 21s and 18s to my director of football.

Is there a way of influencing the quality of who (Victor Orta in this case) is signing? He's just announced 3 signings of lads who have 3 star potential and one who was rated as a 'D' when I looked into his scout report.

So, similar to scouting, is there a way of telling my DoF to only sign players for the youth teams with a certain star potential or scout rating?

I've been allowing my Director of Football to sign pretty much whoever he wants. My DoF is Pep Boada. I was in a similar frame of mind about the signings he was making as they all seemed to be 1-2.5 star players, so decided to have a look at how he'd actually done.

Over the 7 seasons of my save, Boada had signed 31 players, of which 24 had already left the club. Of the 31 players I think I got 3 first team appearances out of the lot. All of the 7 players he signed that are still at the club are out on loan and none of them have any real chance of ever breaking into the first team.

Over 7 seasons he bought 31 players for the youth teams at a combined cost of £5.06m and he sold 24 of those for a combined £53.8m. So a £48.8m profit over 7 seasons, not bad at all, surprised me a lot. That kind of figure and analysis should really be in the game. When renewing a DoF's contract, you should see that and be able to judge it, warn them to do better, congratulate them on their success etc... At a bare minimum you should get a return on investment score, or rating. £43.5m of that profit came from just 2 players (Tom Bischoff from Hoffenheim II on a free, sold for £34m and Gareth Harrison from Ross County on a free, sold for £9.5m) and both were signed in season 5, so it shows how long term you might need to get in order to achieve the results I did, it's not a quick way to make money.

So for every £1m my Director of Football spent, he brought in £9.65m. So from an investment perspective that is fantastic. I'd love to be able to allocate him a budget so he can make even more. I.e I've got a pretty well set first team and a transfer budget of £70m sat wasting away. I'm not one to go round the game hoovering up wonderkids or harvesting players once they spawn into the game, as that's just pathetic and unrealistic. Pep or Jurgen aren't scouring lists of 15 year old Mexicans to abduct, he has people to do that for him. I'd love to be able to say to Boada 'Here's £20m, go sign some players who might make the first team OR potentially high value players'. But you can't do that in the game I don't think.

Edited by busngabb

vor 5 Stunden schrieb lordjanos:

Have they got rid of the "confirms player signings" option in responsibilities? I used to give youth recruitment to my HoYD and then if I wasn't happy with their potential just cancel the signing at last minute. 

I do the same. 

4 hours ago, tugboat said:

Just like in real life Victor Orta signs a load of crap :seagull:

It does seem like that when they're signing 1-2.5 star players. But, as your team gets better you've got to remember that that rating is a comparison to your first team. So some of the young players they're bringing in for very little can be valued quite highly once they're signed and loaned out to develop for a year or two.