[FM23 Beta] Tottenham Wonders

xray1324

My newcastle save hasn't gone well at all so I've decided to quit it. I'm going to try to do a Beta Save on Tottenham. With a few rules.

I have to sign only players under 24. This includes players at the time of signing initiation that were 24.

I have to play Defensive, Counter Attacking Football. This is in line with what Conte does irl.

I have to try to promote youth into the First Team. Giving youth a chance.

I have to look into improving both the current squad year by year, and also improving the staff.

Here's a few aims too.

Aim to concede the least goals in a season. This would mean the Defensive Side of our tactics is working very well. In Data Hub we should be a team that other teams have to work to break down.

Win a title. Simple.

Win a domestic cup. Also Simple.

Win the Champions League. We've gotten close irl at points.

So, let's have a look at the tactics we'll be using, and the manager profile we'll be using. We will be playing with the first Transfer Window on.

image.png.c833dc976815bc7845f4031a49416d62.png

Home

image.png.fdf0df86f99c38381bd8f632d511cc19.png

Away

image.png.d02d341a1ecef840ae4e411f9e7766b2.png

Time Wasting

image.png.5d8d1822bdb668bc185e4375c09b50da.png

Now, let's look at the board and supporter expectations.

image.thumb.png.fbc048111b0b2cfa0429749244bd2142.png

image.thumb.png.efff9c10397e281f7ffbbd947493a45f.png

The board expects us to qualify for the Europa League, yet the supporters expect Top 4. They also want us to finish above Arsenal in the league. That will be interesting.

Next update will be after the friendlies, and hopefully it'll go well so I'll keep going.

July 2022 Results

image.png.29e7a4b0fb974dece3ab4a360e1834bf.png

Well, that's surprising. We've been given 2 penalties so far against Leyton Orient, and at half time we're 4-0 up. We didn't score any more after that point, but this system works. We looked defensively solid against Colchester, finishing 4-0 again. 2 goals from Lucas Moura, and 2 from Kane. We were then against Walsall and finished 2-0, while keeping them to a single shot on target, while they had 2 shots overall on goal. We had 27, with 12 on target. Then we were against Portsmouth, and this would be the first friendly game we actually concede in. However, we wouldn't be losing that game, as in the first half Kane got 2 goals, one truly bizarre. Then, he got a penalty, and scored it. Bringing us up to 3-1. Kane scored again, scoring 4 goals in this match. We won 4-1. We're next up against Ipswich, and by half time we're already leading by 2. We limited them to 2 shots on target. We were then against Borussia Monchengladbach, where we managed to grind out a 1-0 victory at home, thanks to a wonder goal from Kane. He's scored 12 goals in friendlies so far. Then we're against Schalke 04, and Kane in the 18th minute has scored a goal from 35 metres away. Only in the 21st minute to give away a penalty, which they scored. They then scored again. After the second half we scored 2 goals thanks to Son and Kane, bringing us up to 3-2, meaning we won another game. Our last friendly match is against Atletico Pamplona. We got a 2-0 victory thanks to Kane, and Son. They didn't even have a shot on target.

Pre-season Top Scorer

image.thumb.png.85c13d43bf7bfd4b96dce193c57c47b1.png

Good luck, nice to see the defensive side of the game appreciated - hope the 442 works alright :) but I think you've picked the wrong team and style of football to not get sacked again though! (this plays non-entertaining football so I expect the supporters will start booing you imminently lol)

1 hour ago, BJT said:

Good luck, nice to see the defensive side of the game appreciated - hope the 442 works alright :) but I think you've picked the wrong team and style of football to not get sacked again though! (this plays non-entertaining football so I expect the supporters will start booing you imminently lol)

Thanks, we only lost once in the league so far and we're second lol we lost 1-0 to man u

Edited by xray1324

August 2022 Results

image.png.661c2bf874faa0d2e92960e18a329bed.png

image.thumb.png.a8800ee07eac731e43ed9f2bbe160014.png

image.png.d0c585fcaa9f7b045cb39520fea78dc5.png

We're up against Newcastle in the league in our first league match of the season, and it's an away game. Perisic has scored the first and only goal, giving us the win. In our next game, we're against Aston Villa in an home game. Lucas Moura has scored the first and only goal, on the 61st minute, which gave us the win. Also we're against Leicester next, it's another home game. Son on the 15th minute has scored the first goal, and we're leading. Kane has scored the second on the 57th minute, validating my choice to keep him on for this game despite the poor performance from the last game. Kanes scored another, so he's definitely playing the next game! That brings us up to 3-0! Son also looks like player of the match this match with a goal and 2 assists. Definitely player of the match as he's scored again, bringing his tally up to 2 goals and 2 assists, what a player. Our next match is an away one in the league against Man Utd. Doherty gave away a penalty in the 62nd minute... and they scored it. Great. We're 1-0 down. They didn't score again after that though, but that's our first defeat in the league. Think Doherty is going to sit out the next game for that. Our next game is against Southampton, and it's the final match of the month. It's a home match. Son has scored the first goal of the match on the 7th minute. Wan Bissaka gave away a free kick on the 11th minute, which hopefully they don't score... they missed it! We just scored another goal from a corner! Dier has scored the second goal of the game! 4 wins from 5 games isn't a bad record for our first month in the league. Lloris has got 4 clean sheets, and what's more surprising is that Man Utd signed Gabriel Barbosa! And he's doing good for them! Erling Haaland as expected has been scoring for fun, with 5 goals. I've not made any other transfers other than Wan Bissaka, but he was worth the outlay despite his star rating he has been pretty good for us.

image.png.d39f800a69c85352b04fc2c6a2fcf635.png

Okay, maybe we will do then. ...We received no bids for players, so we made no moves.

Awards

image.png.001829a305172bad0956fb5e6be60a82.png

image.png.0f23af2e6d48c002f27176127c102f05.png

September 2022 Results

image.png.296bafb9cc51fcfc588861902defae50.png

image.png.dd01b7ef737bfb049f1e44460d6fedcf.png

image.thumb.png.49a299fbdf46b401f30d400507c65ca6.png

image.thumb.png.4a6a8ee298a03766420bb1fb5c477c09.png

Unbeaten in the league and an impressive win at home against Salzburg, we got smashed though away at Milan. We're currently the team with the second least conceded goals, and first least shots against, and most tackles won. Our first match of the month is against Everton, and we're away. Kulusevski has scored the first goal of the match on the 20th minute. They've been given a red card for 2 yellows! I don't believe it, they've managed to score on the 44th minute. It's their first shot and they've scored it! Kane though pegs us back 1 almost immediately on the 46th minute, bringing us up to 2-1. We made 5 subs at half time to freshen things up, but no further goals were scored. We have our first Champions League match with us against Salzburg in a home match. Kane on the 10th minute has scored the first goal of the match, with an assist from Perisic. Perisic has just gotten 2 assists, helping a goal be formed from Kulusevski. Son thanks to Kane has the 3rd goal of the match! Kane has scored a second, we're 4-0 up on the 40th minute! 47th minute... Sesko scores a wonderful goal against us, but hopefully it's too little too late. It's their first shot too. Kane scored a 3rd from a bounce off the goal on the 49th minute. On the 52nd, immediately after Kane, Son has scored again, bringing our score up to 6-1! One of theirs just got a red card for a 2 footed tackle. Our second league match of the month is against Brentford, and it's away. We're against the talents of Ivan Toney! Richarlison has scored the first goal, with an assist from Harry Kane. What's more impressive is that it's a goal in the 3rd minute. Kane so far looks to be player of the match. But, we've conceded to a Damsgaard goal late on. It's their first shot on target, that's worrying. We've come down to a draw at half time. Our next match is in the Champion's League against Milan. We've just conceded on the 42nd minute. I'm going to make 5 subs at half time to try to improve things. We've finally had a shot on target but they've saved it. We've conceded another goal, and they're now 2-0 up. We're now 3-0 down at the 53rd minute, and they're just dominating us, we're unable to get a shot off. Bloody hell, 4-0 down. Hopefully the next match against Wolves, a home match, will be easier for us. Kane scored thanks to Bissouma on our first shot! Doherty got sent off for a straight red card! Skipp thank god has scored a second on the 89th minute, giving us a deserved 2-0 victory. We've been under pressure a lot but came away with a win.