Number of promoted teams changing at random

Hershie

So, maybe I'm missing something here. I'm trying something rather ambitious as it is..

I've got 10 child leagues where 32 teams in total qualify to the parent, which acts as an end of season promotion playoff to the division above. What could be causing the number of teams picked for promotion to be varying, when it's set as below. 

The league structure in the higher divisions changes for the second season, so while only 2 are relegated 6 go up for this first season. That future change doesn't seem to be the concern here though (and I need to get past this issue so I can then address the fact that the child leagues will need to change for the reduced number of teams) because this seems so random.

What could be causing this to error only on occasion? On others it goes past this and then tells me that child competitions can't find enough teams (which is what I want to be seeing) but I can't work on it properly without the initial issue out of the way.

Any help would be hugely appreciated.

fate.png

error1.png

To clarify, it's a straight 32 team cup stage. The semi finalists go up. But this season, to make up extra teams, the losing quarter finalists stayed in and had a playoff. The two teams in the 5-6th playoff also go up.

Edited by Hershie

• 1 month later...
On 12/09/2022 at 00:58, rusty217 said:

Are there any teams that would be ineligible for promotion? B teams or youth teams for example. That would explain it as there doesn't appear to be anything setup to move their promotion place on to another team should they be ineligible.

Nope, it's all first teams. 

Thanks for replying.