Ranking by average points

Uncle_Sam

This is what I am trying to accomplish: I have seven divisions trying to qualify for a "Championship" playoff. Each division sends the top 4, but I need 32 teams for the playoff. So I have a league stage made up of all of the fifth place teams that transfers their results from their respective competitions.

The problem is, each division plays a different number of matches. So for me to get the top 4 of the 7th place finishers I need the primary metric for ranking to be Average Points.

Usually it will automatically use points as the first ranking method even if its not been included in the list. But average points will be used as the first metric instead if its included and at the top of the list, and total points will not be used at all.

I have done something similar to rank teams who played a varying number of games.

Edited by nasaiain

1 hour ago, nasaiain said:

Usually it will automatically use points as the first ranking method even if its not been included in the list. But average points will be used as the first metric instead if its included and at the top of the list, and total points will not be used at all.

I have done something similar to rank teams who played a varying number of games.

Thank you for your help, I appreciate it!