FM Touch 2021 for Android tablet

Hello there. Just bought myself a new android tablet so that I can play FM 2021 touch as apparently there is no 2022 version for android.

Anyway, I went to the Google Play store and there doesn't seem to be a link to download the base game file anymore. Does anyone know if I can get the file download for the game from anywhere? Apparently i can buy legit paid keys for the game from the usual places like CDKeys, but what happens if I don't have the actual game to put the code into? Is this even how it still works? I doubt that the likes of CDKeys would give me a download link for the game too?

Really disappointed that it looks like I won't be able to get back into FM on my new tablet, and I may as well just send it back now. Any advice on how to get FM2021, or if there are any other good older versions I can legit get to make it worth keeping this new tablet? Many thanks.

Edited by Ad Peza

On 28/05/2022 at 16:54, Ad Peza said:

Hello there. Just bought myself a new android tablet so that I can play FM 2021 touch as apparently there is no 2022 version for android.

Anyway, I went to the Google Play store and there doesn't seem to be a link to download the base game file anymore. Does anyone know if I can get the file download for the game from anywhere? Apparently i can buy legit paid keys for the game from the usual places like CDKeys, but what happens if I don't have the actual game to put the code into? Is this even how it still works? I doubt that the likes of CDKeys would give me a download link for the game too?

Really disappointed that it looks like I won't be able to get back into FM on my new tablet, and I may as well just send it back now. Any advice on how to get FM2021, or if there are any other good older versions I can legit get to make it worth keeping this new tablet? Many thanks.

Hi, did you have FM21 touch on tablet before on android, as if so it should be in your games not installed on this device list. If you haven’t brought it last year then due to licensing restrictions unfortunately it’s impossible to get it. Regarding FM on your tablet it’s either FM22 Xbox edition and stream it via Xbox store, or FM mobile 22.

Edited by zakbrown96

5 hours ago, Ad Peza said:

Thanks Zak. Guess I will have to find a different game to play then. Farewell Sports Interactive.

You can try it on Xbox game pass, basically it’s streams onto your tablet, I’d recommend trying it for the month as first month is usually free, you can then get a feel of the game. End of the day if you don’t try, you’ll never know. 

13 hours ago, zakbrown96 said:

You can try it on Xbox game pass, basically it’s streams onto your tablet, I’d recommend trying it for the month as first month is usually free, you can then get a feel of the game. End of the day if you don’t try, you’ll never know. 

I would do, but I'm hoping to play on a campsite, so won't have access to wifi etc. The game needs to just be able to run on tablet without internet (I could possibly tether from phone just to momentarily sign into something, but being constantly connected is not an option in my case).

• 2 months later...

Ran into this issue when i got a new tablet, seems the game file link or server that google playstore pulls the game file data from is no longer working or broken . My work around was that i still had FM 21 touch installed on my old tablet and i was able to copy the game data from the old tablet to my new tablet. It takes some figuring out and properly mapping out of the right directory to put the game file so it can load after downloading the dummy app on google play. I've also backed this game data files up. Shame they stopped releasing for Andorid and IOS. 

Edited by tpalan

Sorry to bump an old thread here - it seems like FMT21 was pulled from the Google Play Store intentionally as it isn't supported any more on Android. 

I am still playing it though on a compatible device (even if it wasn't supported at the time).

My understanding is that once you've purchased the game through the Google Play Store and you have the APK installation file (as a workaround to not being able to download it anymore from the Google Play Store), it will work fine thereafter as when the game opens for the first time, the game does a purchase check. That is of course once your device is compatible and capable of running it.

Edited by daherlihy