Help fixing a save game file (modified database)

Grunners

I had a post in the bug forums relating to a multiplayer save using an edited database I created (reformed two 'extinct' clubs, and added players/staff etc). SI seems to have located the issue causing my multiplayer save to crash. Only happens when second player is remote, if controlling both managers off one PC then not an issue. Also issue only appeared after 1.5 seasons, no problems hitherto.

Does anyone here know if this save is salvageable? Presumably editing the database itself won't work, I'll need to fix the save file. The official in-game editor seems very limited. Are there third-party tools that could do the trick?

Huge thanks in advance to anyone who can suggest a way.

That's a weird one.... I don't see a way to fix the save except for a possible third party tool, but I am not knowledgeable about them.

This didn't happen around an update moment for the game?

• 2 weeks later...

In exciting news, the save now works again. I played on solo, controlling both managers until Jan 1st, and when we tested, the guest player now has no issues with accessing the inbox. Couple of things to note, other than the standard passing of time?

Qatar World Cup has passed.

Inbox has refreshed.

Not sure how, or why, but great news :D