Anybody have any luck in mentoring?

I've played 3 seasons in my current save and seeing no progress on mentoring. I see monthly results on players sometimes, a mixed bag and no one player seems to have consistent changes. The only full personality change I've got so far is Fairly Sporting to Balanced, ugh.

I'm not necessarily expecting massive changes like we used to get. Maybe just Fairly Professional to Professional, or Fairly Determined to Driven, or Balanced to a positive personality.

So any tricks or tales of success from you? I'm using small groups with 1 mentor and 2 mentees, or 2 mentors with 1 or 2 mentees. Trying to get "Significant" effects where I can. Often same position and same social group.

There's quite a few good young players that are Balanced in the database in their early 20s, would be nice to upgrade them before they get too old. Or maybe it's just not possible.

Original players can't have negative personalities (SI doesn't want the bad PR). As a result, even Balotelli's personality is described as balanced, despite what it says under the hood. So, a lot of these balanced players could have much worse personalities than balanced under the hood, meaning that it can be very hard to get them to a point beyond balanced.