In need of some tactical help

Hey everyone I’m currently running an asymmetrical 4–2-3-1 purely due to having nobody that really plays well in the right AM strata and it was working pretty well but we were conceding a few too many goals.

I was thinking about changing to the 4-3-2-1 as shown in the picture with a Mezzala to compliment the IW and then using a Carrilaro to cover the Right FB. Is this something that would work or is the right side just too open?

Oh the 4-2-3-1 was pretty mu identical except the Mezzala was pushed up as an AMa in the AMCR strata

Any and all help is appreciated 

2442DF9D-959E-42C3-AEE2-65BD74D13F43.jpeg

I think you're going want a Defend duty in CM, is that centre CM on attack?

Your flank roles are very tame too, is that a WB(D) and FB(S)? Your right back is your only player on that right flank so I'd think you'll need him to at least get forward in some capacity

Just roughly

AF(A)

IW(A)           AP(A)

CAR(S)  CM(D)    CAR(S)

FB(S)       CD(D)     BPD(S)         WB(A)

SK(S)

I'm really not familiar with that shape but can Biuk not play up front? You could start looking at a 4-3-1-2 or a 4-4-2 Diamond then

I'm not sure on your TIs either, high lines with less pressing is a conflict. Regroup and Counter? It's hard to tell what you're going for here 

Well some of the duties were chosen as they play to my best players best roles and duties.

I do have a few other options for striker but Buik does have the attributes for it.

Im playing high lines as I want to be in the front foot but I’m pressing less as my team don’t have the best work rate attribute, which is why I’m regrouping when I lose the ball. Might look at taking off the counter when I’ve won the ball back.

I must say that Ive nearly finished the season so this is more of a system I’m building for the long term, I will be looking at getting a player that’s more capable of being a defensive anchor in the midfield 

19 minutes ago, Johnny Ace said:

I think you're going want a Defend duty in CM, is that centre CM on attack?

Your flank roles are very tame too, is that a WB(D) and FB(S)? Your right back is your only player on that right flank so I'd think you'll need him to at least get forward in some capacity

Just roughly

AF(A)

IW(A)           AP(A)

CAR(S)  CM(D)    CAR(S)

FB(S)       CD(D)     BPD(S)         WB(A)

SK(S)

I'm really not familiar with that shape but can Biuk not play up front? You could start looking at a 4-3-1-2 or a 4-4-2 Diamond then

I'm not sure on your TIs either, high lines with less pressing is a conflict. Regroup and Counter? It's hard to tell what you're going for here 

Yeah the CM is in attack and the Right FB is normally on attack but I changed him to support for a game against Bayern Munich in the league

4 minutes ago, Zeonflux said:

Well some of the duties were chosen as they play to my best players best roles and duties.

FM isn't a case of plugging your best players into their best roles, the whole team has to come together as a unit. Attack, defence and support all has to sync up. Of course you want players playing close to their best role but try not to base things off green circles or role stars too much  

6 minutes ago, Zeonflux said:

I do have a few other options for striker but Buik does have the attributes for it.

Another shape could be an option then?

7 minutes ago, Zeonflux said:

Im playing high lines as I want to be in the front foot but I’m pressing less as my team don’t have the best work rate attribute, which is why I’m regrouping when I lose the ball. Might look at taking off the counter when I’ve won the ball back.

You're on the front foot as it is with the Positive team mentality, I'd really lose the high lines and really consider the less urgent pressing. To me, it just conflicts pushing high up the pitch but then backing off with press

10 minutes ago, Zeonflux said:

I must say that Ive nearly finished the season so this is more of a system I’m building for the long term, I will be looking at getting a player that’s more capable of being a defensive anchor in the midfield 

I really would :thup: A more solid option in the your midfield 3 makes a lot of sense 

Right @Johnny Ace I took your advice and went to a diamond midfield. I’ve only used it in 2 matches but beat Freiburg 5-1 and then played Leicester in Europa League (only the second European match of the save) and won 2-1.

Ive posted the tactic but what’s not shown is that both strikers and both the CMs are set to run wide with the ball to stretch teams and make space

CF2B3769-88CF-4B52-AE35-9998FA553A4F.jpeg