Tips with my 442 tactic - FM21

Hi all,

I was hoping to get some advice on my current 442 tactic. So far it has served me pretty well, with a good finish in the prem having just been promoted from the championship with watford.

My main problem is being rather leaky, particularly late in games. We seem to regularly fall apart defensively. Can anyone advice some changes to help combat these silly goals against me.

I generally stick to balanced and positive in my games depending on the team I'm facing and how I'm going during the game. I also will change some ti's as the game progresses, particularly counter press to regroup and gk slow the pace down to try kill of a game.

Appreciate any advice given, I'd really like to do well in Europe and keep a strong presence in the premier league. 

Screenshot (3).png

Screenshot (6).png

Screenshot (4).png

Your problem isn’t tactical.

You got promoted and then finished in a European place the following season.  You won’t do that without a decent tactic so have a little patience and buy some better players (which you think will be a good fit for your system) over the course of the next few seasons :thup:.

13 hours ago, herne79 said:

Your problem isn’t tactical.

You got promoted and then finished in a European place the following season.  You won’t do that without a decent tactic so have a little patience and buy some better players (which you think will be a good fit for your system) over the course of the next few seasons :thup:.

Sweet as, thank mate. I'll persevere and see where it takes me. Hopefully a couple better defenders makes the defense less leaky.