Fixture dates stay fixed as years go by

Ominous77

Hello everyone!

I'm having some issues regarding the fixtures for my custom Uruguay league. I just created it from scratch (clubs & stadiums, deleted every other competitions in the country) and set up the matchdays (34 total) so that the first match would be on Feb 1st and the last on Sep 20th (base year 2020). Thing is, when I go into the game and simulated several years, the start and end date for this competition remains the same, so matches end up being played mid week instead of only during weekends, as I planned.

Another issue that I'm having is that I want to tell the game to start the pre-season on Jan 13th and end it on Jan 31st, but it starts on Dec 30th from the previous year.

The idea that I have in mind is for the season to start on Feb 1st and end up on Nov 15th (because I'll be adding lower leagues with more teams, hence more matches, and also in the future continental competitions, which finals will take place during November).

If anyone could point me in the right direction I'll be very grateful.

Thanks.

URU.fmf

create fixture dates and set day, date and time for every matchday. game will use this every year. If you dont set day - if you only set date and time game will use that specific date no matter which day it is.

On 25/04/2022 at 16:25, krlenjushka said:

create fixture dates and set day, date and time for every matchday. game will use this every year. If you dont set day - if you only set date and time game will use that specific date no matter which day it is.

How counter intuitive haha.

Thanks! I'll give it a try!

On 25/04/2022 at 16:25, krlenjushka said:

You mean in "Fixtures for Year"? Or in "Fixture Dates"? 

Also, declaring days in "Match Days" does actually do anything?

Thanks.

Capture.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Capture3.PNG

Edited by Ominous77

I think he meant "Fixture Dates". I'm not sure "Fixtures for Year" will help scheduling future seasons but don't have the experience. Setting the weekday under "Fixture Dates" should help. 

I also believe "Match Days" does help.

Match days are used when you use start/end date and let the game to make schedule. When you use fixture dates you cant use other options. Just make complete fixture dates list and choose those dates under "dates" section in schedule.

No need for start/end date, match days or any other option related to "random" schedule. Of course you need to make sure you dont have some clash with big matches if you wanna set this for top level. 

10 hours ago, krlenjushka said:

Match days are used when you use start/end date and let the game to make schedule. When you use fixture dates you cant use other options. Just make complete fixture dates list and choose those dates under "dates" section in schedule.

No need for start/end date, match days or any other option related to "random" schedule. Of course you need to make sure you dont have some clash with big matches if you wanna set this for top level. 

Ok, I think I did what you recommended me to do, but I still get matches on Wednesdays. Any clues as to why?

There's no other competitions involved, just the league.

Thanks.

Capture.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Capture3.PNG