More from Physios and sports scientist

JamieTC13

I think it would be a good idea to get more out of Physios and sports scientist, like when a player is coming back from injury and then we have a choice to put them through injury rehab ect, well I think it should be down to the Physios and sports scientist to do what's best for the players injury return, like, what the player should be working on, so like if the Physios and sports scientist want to put them on general rehab, strength, or agility and balance ect. If you get what I mean.

Untitled.png

I think this is a good idea, at the moment physics and sports scientists are just people that seem to be employed but it doesn't seem to matter how many you have or how good they are.

Most clubs the Head Physio and Head of Sports Science will have a regular meeting with the manager to discuss the return date of injured players, rehab plans and if anybody is at risk of injury because of their training and match load. We have a screen at the moment that tells us injury risk and another screen that tells us if a player has passed a fitness test but it could be presented as part of the weekly coaching staff meeting with some more opinion. That way you can use the meeting to plan your training and team selection better and the opinion element will differentiate between good staff and average staff based on their attributes (physio/sports science, analysing data, man management)

• 6 months later...