Advanced and creative set piece routines

freddiehunt

Please could you consider adding a new feature of advanced or creative set piece routines (as the commentator would say "straight off the training ground!")

We mostly rely on the artificial intelligence of the player taking the set piece, I would like an option to create custom set piece piece routines such as a two or three step phase to the set play. 

Such as:

Player(s) to run over the ball

Under/over the wall free kicks

Corner routine to drive it low into the box

Aim for penalty spot

A three phase routine with options at every step for example: Step 1; Play it short > Step 2; second player to cross to target or play it wide > Step 3; cut back from byline 

An old video but for your reference: 

• 2 weeks later...

Also for each position in the routine (i.e. where we tell players to stand/run), could we add ability to put a list of preferred players for each position instead of by position. So like we have preferred takers for set pieces, preferred players for each "role" in the routine.

That way if I bring a shorter centre back on, it'd mean a taller CM for example would automatically replace my taller CB in a routine instead of me having to manually shift players around in my routines.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • Administrators

As said above, we've got a number of suggestions already for set pieces, and while we can't provide a timeframe, we hope to release them within a future edition of FM. :)