[Discussion] My Idea for Press Conferences - They Need To Change!

jdmk88

I don't think I'm alone in saying that press conference and dealing with the media  is the most boring part of the game. What makes it even worse is that the Ass Man seems completely incapable of taking the responsibility without ruining morale. 

So, here's my idea....

Instead of partaking in press-conference and answering the same questions over and over again, you instead select how you wish to approach the press conference. 

For example. Before a pre-match press conference against your local rivals. 

1. Do you want to approach the press-conference 'aggressively', maybe to rile up your players but at the risk of coming across as unprofessional.

2. Maybe you approach the press conference in a 'friendly' manner...think Jurgen Klopp. 

3. Maybe you 'Play it safe'...not risking too much either way

4. Or maybe you go down the Jose Mourinho, mind games route. Try to impact the moral of the opposing team, perhaps making them complacent, whilst also carrying the risk of riling the opposition up.

Once you've selected your approach, click confirm and see how everything played out in the next news article. 

Catch my drift???

The effectiveness of your approach depends on the types of players in your team, how they're motivated, and also your 'media handling' attribute. 

Furthermore, you could have the option to ask the board for media handling training...much like managers/players receive in real life.

Edited by jdmk88

• 9 months later...