[FM20] West Row Gunners or the dream of a rising team

krakonico

Hello people, I'm trying with this save to go very deep in the England database (using Dan BHTFC database) and got a team from level 20.  There are also several databases loaded within this save: 

• Leagues:
    • Dan BHTFC's England down to L20.
    • Dominican Republic (L4) in Europe.  It's a fantasy database that expand the league to 68 teams and four divisions, each division has a divisional cup, and main cup. (made by me)
    • Galactic Empire (L4) in Europe.  It's a fantasy database that replaces Luxemburg as country and create a new nation with 80 teams with original names resembling teams in the Star Wars lore.  Each league has a divisional cup, and also a main cup with all the teams. (made by me).
    • Brazil (L4), don't remember the creator, but was downloaded from here.
    • Catalunya (L4).  It's a fantasy database created by an editor from this site and resembles the independence of Catalunya as a new country with four divisions.
    • Israel (L5).  Another database from this site.
    • Poland (L6).  by Bigpole.
  • Cups:
    • Anglo-Scottish Super Cup
    • GE Invitational.  It's a fictional worldwide cup that involves two to four teams of the top 150 countries of the world.  The format is five preliminary rounds, a group stage and then the knockouts rounds.  Only in the quarters, semis and final is when teams from same country can face, in the previous rounds (including the group) teams from the same nations are not selected to face each other. (made by me)
  • Database changes:
    • Changes: It's a database created by me in which all nations are set with 10 Fifa Points, and the European countries deleted all the coefficients but the 2015/16 season.
    • Realistic Competitions color by  majesticeternity.
    • Realistic Injuries by  majesticeternity

You may ask how I can have three new nations in Europe, it's simple: Catalunya creator decided to transfer Kazakhstan to Asia.  The Dominican Republic swapped Islas Faroes with Dominican Republic (nation database), to prevent having the DR being in both Nations Leagues (North American and Europe) at the same time.  And the Galactic Empire replaces Luxemburg.

As this save for now has a lot of leagues loaded it will be slow at the beginning, and will only have active the league below the one that the team are until reaching the England's level 6.  I'll be posting an season opener, my season goals and the boards, a mid season post and a season closing post, in this one will be posting also the youth intake.  If there are some post between those are going to be any addition to the club or leaves.  In those post will be a Galactic Empire's league and nation coverage, and you will see why.

spacer.png

As there is little information of this team in internet, will put the one in the database:

Founded in 2019, West Row Gunners is an amateur club currently playing in the Central & South Norfolk League Division Four.  Located in West Row, a small village and civil parish in the English county of Suffolk.  It's a new club that will want to put their mark in the history.

As they are a new club, the board's goal is to fight for the top three places of the league in the next five years.  But my plan is to promote at least three divisions in that time with the right additions, and also create the best academy of the world.

spacer.png

2019/20 Preseason

The market was moved from us, several lads that were without team were picked up to conform a winnable team, should our eye prove useful this team can win some matches.

Newcomers:

Martin Brennan: GK: The first one to come, and with plans to become a staff member for the near future.

Didac Giribet: GK, Would be the first GK, This Andorran player could come in handy.

Nathan Edgington: MF. Had a year without a team, but we think he can contribute a lot.

Natale Cianciaruso: MF.  Another player that was free to get and could be used in the right side (by the time of this post he already got another contract to play in Italy, shame on me)

Alex Skidmore: DF.  He has good skills as FB, He is close to the thirties, so let get all we can from him.

Ned Dry: ST.  A leftover from Oldham in the EFL League One,  He is one choice for the front side, and we hope he can get some goals.

Jamie Underdown: MF.  He is young, and can improve a lot (the staff said so), maybe he can be the heart of the team.

Bobby Sears: ST.  He is still young and can improve, let's hope he can rise his pace.

Ryan Hervel: MF.  He mostly will be use as back up.

Jay Dunstan-Digweed: DF.  Good guy, let's hope he can help in the defense.

Andrias Mikkelsen: DF.  Very young defender, and the staff say he can still improve.

Jamal Lawrence: MF.  He was signed right after Cianciaruso signed his new contract (is it possible for someone to sign to a team and a week or two later sign to another team?) to replace him.

Zack Dale: MF.  Same as Lawrence, both will be trained to be MRs.

Friendlies:

spacer.png

We had a long journey as the season starts in the second week of September. 

spacer.png

2019/20 Mid-season

The lads has been doing well, just one defeat and two draws in 11 games sending us to the top of the league, just the same for the next 11 games and well marching one step up.

spacer.png

Some players are toping the league's top stats:

spacer.png

But our finances are not looking good, and is understandable due to be a new club and the level we are playing on... 

spacer.png

A look to our facilities, but I know for the time being we won't be able to upgrade any of them.spacer.png

9W1WH6B.png

2019/20 End of season

We did it, even at the first they just said we will be in the first three, we were crowned champions with two games to play.

YAnAoOK.png

Youth Intake 2020

G5q9uzW.png

Nobody worthy, they will just fill the numbers for our U18 and U23 and maybe in case of a drastic injury.  In the future we are in need of a DR and a MR, those positions are our weak link.

Best XI

ShV5Wqa.png

Ned Dry, one of our strikers, won the best player, he was the league score leader with 14 goals, and now he has two clubs behind his services, although none of them have landed an offer.

Press Review

W51szSr.png

Fixtures

k5xlZWS.png

Despite the loss and the draws we never had any issues with our lead in the table.

Manager's milestones

ZGwGTcm.png

11 games won, 5 games drawn, 2 games lost, and a tittle in our first season.  Now the board wants more:

icKLZEa.png

They want five promotions in row, but I want monezzz, so I can improve the facilities:

WCLDfIp.png

By the end I was the only favored person of the club, also you will see how is the tickets... there were games that entered 35 persons, but we didn't get more than 62 UK Pounds.

FjJllbB.png

Come and get your tickets before is too late... Yeah... second takeover talks in just a season.

Final words

I believe that with this team we can reach the goals, maybe getting some new players for the MR and DR problem, even I can't get a lot of players due to rotation and the low number of official games.  Next season will be only 18 matches.

• 2 weeks later...

9W1WH6B.png

2020/21 Pre-Season

Another year, another goal, and now the Board of Directors (that now is just the Chairman), demands that we need to promote to the next level winning the league.  And we (the staff) believes that is possible due to the quality of the team, with some of them are able to play in the counties leagues.

Press Review

GdWdUx3.png

The press see us to capture the league, and that we are not problem at all.  With Yaxham to take the second promotion spot, so they can return back to where they came.

Fixtures

d8GrbyU.png

We filled July (the A.M.) and August (me) with friendlies, as the official games will start in September (only two matches), the last two friendlies will be two teams from  Belgium, so our players can feel the "Europe Fever" 

New faces

CXyW8Bb.png

Yr1lGYQ.png

kyxnsx2.png

MXq0oR5.png

Four players arrive from the free market, one GK, one MC, one ML and one WL (can be a DL) to fill the void in the left side of the defense-offense.  Still the squad will be trimmed and some faces will go, nobody has a golden ticket.

Finances

CdcZ5Q8.png

We are still in red, but some good news as the Avg. Ticket Price rose from 2 UKP to 4 UKP, and that we have now an Avg Season Ticket Price at 35 UKP, also the Ticket Holders rose from 4 to 29, still low, we are the third tied with FC Vikings with better prices, and the first in ticket holders of the league.  But still I believe that we won't fill the stadium this season.

Miscellaneous

LxQWPId.png

KDwO1zd.png

btZaqpY.png

There was a fourth, but I couldn't take the screen, some of those teams are near the National League, quite tempting move, but no.  There are only two teams that could make me change.

I'll be changing to a monthly report due to the long wait (slow processing) of the save, once I solve this issue will return to three reports a season.

9W1WH6B.png

September 2020

It's the end of the preseason, and still the club has some holes to fill, we need new strong faces to let us go high, to level 15 or 14 and then start planning to reach level 10.  As our lads battled against teams in level 15 and 14 and did pretty good.  Even against some foreign clubs.

x7JWqWQ.png

We only had two matches in the month:

tWtCtzn.png

This will be a test on how we are going to perform in the league.

9W1WH6B.png

End of September 2020

In between our first two official matches some players were released and some players were offered contracts, and four came to strengthen the club:

Ir1j7wf.png

Callum Webb, who our staff say that he must be a leading player in the Level 10 leagues, and a potential to be a leading player in the county leagues, he come to command the right defense.

j2zNzIO.png

We were happy with our front side, but our back ups were lacking potential and he was free, so he will be our ¿third? striker.

OqJWuhj.png

He will be Webb's back up for the right defense position, and even he is old, he has some gas in his legs.

ewfzEGW.png

And our scouts found this gem, Dinzeyi will, surely, be forming a wall in the back.  Also he has a great reputation (see next image)

olJWxBg.png

Our gatekeepers said that for the next home match will be a bumper assistance of 90 tickets, well that afternoon we sold 91, making a new record of assistance in our club, with the higher one was 35.  Still that was less than the 20% of our field of 500, but at least is a good news for our finances, that are turning a profict this year.

5K1x33H.png

So we had a good start with two wins, and a good debut of Tom Fielding with a hattrick.

oHN9qbs.png

So, we are top of the league accompanied by FC Vikings, the other team that promoted with us.

37yrlYm.png

Next month we will have three matches, but only one in hour home, visiting what could be our tittle rivals so early will give us really the potential to maintain our tittle race in this short season of only 18 matches, we can't slip here.

And last, but not least...

feayLqp.png

I got a mail from our chairman, the finances will look great for the oncoming years.

9W1WH6B.png

October 2020

IeomOfg.png

Three of three, and we got a win with another tittle contender so our season is brilliant till now.  Fielding had been unstoppable in the first game, and the sole scorer in the last one.  Jamie Underdown and Kynan Isaac were the centre of attention in our home match.

IP3t4yz.png

So now we are in top of the league waiting for the FC Viking match, if they win we will be tied in points.

A terrible, a bad and a good news

Let me start with the terrible one:

RG3GHtb.png

Yes, our top goal scorer from season 1 had an injury, three months without actions, gladly we had a replacement last month, as he had responded with four goals in three games.  He got the injury in our first match, and in the second injury time, ironic.

The bad:

TjeZJHv.png

This is less severe than Dry's injury, but still two weeks without action, and with the lower matches, he will recover the match sharpness slowly.

And now the good:

The scout team had several cards in their monthly meeting, one of them had high reputation, when I saw it was an international from Trinidad and Tobago, he was let free by his previous employer, and offered an amateur job (the only one I can offer), without much hope.  And my hope drop a lot when I received the news that another team had offered him a contract.  All the players that I had previously offered a contract when another team did the same, I lost them.  So, what was my surprise:

G4qoxMm.png

He's old, but still has something to offer to us, experience in international games too, he rejected a team in the verge of the National League, also a semi-profesional team, and a salary to play with us in an amateur contract.  Maybe he saw that with us he could get his first champion ring, even in a very low league.

e3tyWXB.png

From Wikipedia: Born in Leytonstone, London, Hoyte signed with Arsenal when he was nine. He featured regularly for Arsenal's U18 and Reserve teams, and was captain of Arsenal's U18 team during 2006–07. He signed as a professional with the club on 10 September 2007 (in the game said he signed in 2005).  He made his Premier League debut against Manchester City on 22 November 2008, in which he was substituted for Aaron Ramsey after 60 minutes.   Then he was on loan to the following teams before leaving Arsenal: Watford (Championship) 2008/09; Brighton (League One) 2009/10; Lincoln City (League Two) 2010/11; and AFC Wimbledom 2011/12.  After that he was going deeper in the league system until reaching Maidstone United in 2019/20.  In real life he got another contract but only played 4 matches.

Next month see us with just two official matches, all in home, so I anticipate a profitable month, so we can reduce our small debt.

bRMxZae.png

9W1WH6B.png

November 2020

tTfsfWJ.png

Two of two, and we got a win with another tittle contender so our season is becoming easier.  Fielding and Sears has quite the games in the absence of Dry, also the attendance has been increasing, but still no the century yet.  Those two wins put us with 7 wins so far, and a good advantage to the second place.  The real battle is now for the other promotion spot, which from the 2nd to the 9th place there are only 6 points of difference:

ogXNSPc.png

Bad news

Our new player "Hoyte" god injured in the first game, (sadly the picture get deleted or not saved and the computer shut down and not hibernated as I always do) but only for two weeks, at the end of the month he was cleared to play, so he will be in action in December.

Next fixtures

4WBIGT3.png

Only two matches (again), with the 9th and 6th teams respectively: Longham Reserves, a reserve team of one playing three leagues up, and Cockers, a team that got a 5th position last year in this very division.

Good news

l4vLe8I.png

The finances are getting better slowly, now we are 9K in red, which is better than the 12K last season.  I believe the reason are the two friendlies we had played so the team can maintain the match sharpness.  We set some friendlies in the absent of official matches this month.

Preview of the intake

V4C1i5j.png

It's clearly a poor as the HoYD said, but someone from Zimbabwe is welcome.  We are going "International" with our youngsters.

9W1WH6B.png

December 2020

3FgJXiv.png

Two of two, and we are still unbeaten in the league, Ned Dry was the hero in the first game of the month, and Tom Fielding, with a hattrick, the decoder of Cockers.  In the next month we will have two reserves teams Narborough Reserves who are sitting in the 5th position and Hempnall Reserves who don't have numbers in the wins column, and are the last with only 4 points.

Level 19 CSN3 Table:

uBjr84x.png

Some of our players are leading the stats of the league, and that is a good sign of our position.

Finances

70K2cLF.png

The finances are fine, we ended the month in black (the month), and by now are earning near 3K UK pounds in the middle of the season, if we continue our good run probably we will be making 6K, and letting the season with just 6K in red.  But that will be another year without improving any of the club's facilities.

9W1WH6B.png

January 2021

yxhz9gw.png

Another perfect month, with not worries, Fielding with five goals, and Dry getting one.  Next month we will get second place Yaxham, if we beat them we will be only 3 points ahead of the tittle.  And depending on the third and fourth positions teams, we can also get automatic promotion leaving the next journey with the tittle in the bag with five games ahead.

jRCbU2D.png

Also the boys are leading all the charts in the stats.

Finances:

J4tzA99.png

We are in good way, turning the deficit of last year in a profitable season this year, and still haven't sold 20% of our capacity.  But sadly it won't be enough to start investing in our facilities.

Next report will be end of season.

• 2 weeks later...

9W1WH6B.png

2020/21 End of Season

We clinched the championship, it was almost prefect, the team went unbeaten but not invincible, at the end there was a team that managed to get a draw.  And that team almost made it, had they won that last match they got promotion, but not, our team knocked their dream and will be FC Vikings with back to back promotion, and the pair that started in the lowest division with us.  So we are going to see their faces again.

aqooBeM2.png

At the moment of the picture were still two matches to end properly the season, but those matches won't change the outcome, at least the fourth and fifth would change positions but is not a concern, also the stats leaders won't be impacted by those matches.

88DTr7x.png

Yaxham was the disappointment of the season, they were booked to be the second best team, but they finished lower, but the real disappoint was Bowthorpe Rovers, they were booked as third, and with options to at least battle for the automatic promotion spot, yet they were relegated to level 20.  The best team was FC Viking that was booked to a 6th position and went to battle with all the odds and got the automatic promotion, but in the last match, they won theirs, and were expecting Cockers' last.  Cockers needed a victory, or that Vikings got a draw or a loss.

Those who leave:

Didac Giribet wanted to leave as he wasn't getting game time, and yes, he only got 3 appearances by February, and as we didn't want a un-happy member in the squad, and also got two offers to buy free him, we just let him decide, and he chose Lusitanos from his native nation, Andorra.

Jonathan Dinzeyi is the second player who left the club, as I forgot to give him a contract to sign in the end of the season, Lewes and others club offered him, I tried to convince him to stay giving a new contract, but he was promised to play higher and also get a decent weekly pay, and a possibility to play in the national league, so he leave us with a small hole in the defense.

Their replacements:

Adam Parkes21yo GK who the scouts have a sight, he came and quickly took the mantle of the 1st GK, it will be a battle between him and Bert White, but stats-wise the former is better than the latter.

Kieran KennedyThis lad had a long journey, and we didn't know why he chose us as he was targeted and have an offer from other club.  He could play in the last game, so he got the "champion" medal.

2021 Youth intake

8JBYd3e.png

None of them actualy will be part of the team, in the beginning we signed five, but then decided to sack them all.  Alongisde those in the team that are not part of the starting XI and their backups.  We will evaluate at the beginning of the next season if we need to add another player in our ranks, but for now we are satisficed with our team.

End of season finances

SdRCX7v.png

This season was good in terms of the finances, we almost cut in half the debt, and maybe next 2022, or the start of the 2023 we can turn this and start building the infrastructure.  As our current level, we're not worried, but if we are going to go higher, we need to be better than our competitors.

Next season goal:

Board: Promotion by winning the league.

Mine: Promotion by winning the league.

I'm sadly putting this save in hold, since I take almost 2 weeks to complete a single month (with only to matches) due to RL work and mostly the slow process of the game... but I'm doing another save that I will start posting.

To see the difference, it took me just less than 5 hours game time, to finish the first month, and still I have more nations opened in the new save.  To pass one day from the old save I have to wait almost from 30 minutes to 1 hour, and depending if there are more matches in the background  the wait time was longer.  In the new one it just a minutes.

New post