Add xPts stat to Match stats

Maaka

Similar to Shots, Shots on Target, xG, Possession, Passes Completed etc., I'd like xPts (expected points) added to the match stats.

Expected points can be calculated by assigning a random number (between 0 and 1) to each shot taken, and if the random number is smaller than the xG of said shot, it's counted as a goal. This calculation is made for each shot taken by each team, then added up as goals, so you get a result (home win, draw or away win), then the same calculation, or simulation, is done over and over again, say 10.000 times. Then the number of home wins, draws and away wins from the simulations are added up, and divided by the number of simulations, and calculated as points for each team. If there's a home win in 5.000 of the simulations, and 3.000 draws, the xPts is 1,8 for the home team, and 0,9 for the away team.

If this already is in the game, please forgive me (and I'd be glad to get a pointer to find it), but all I've been able to find is a total xPts for each team in a league table view, which I can't seem to relocate right now (it might have been specific to the skin I was using at the time).

• 2 months later...
  • SI Staff

xPts is visible by going to Data Hub > Ask For > xG Table. This shows the xPts then for each team in the league.

I'm not quite understanding what your suggestion would add though since surely its bearing no actual relevance to what took place and running thousands of calculations per match day would add a considerable time to the processing side of the game.