Help me with my R. Santander tactic please

Hi All

I need some tactical help with my tactic.

I made it myself and I think its pretty close to what I'm looking for but its lacking cutting edge. its built around a possession style focused on the enganche. its works pretty well we keep the ball well but we struggle to create good chances and the forward wastes them then we seem to get hit with a ball over the top or a set piece and it makes me angry!šŸ˜‚ its pretty early on in the season I know and the cohesion isn't quite there yet but form looks like its about to drop off a cliff and I wanna see if you guys can help me tweak it before we drop out of the promotion race. See files attached for more info.

My first thoughts are I should increase the tempo one notch but I feel like "slightly higher" is fine for this system. I feel like it could also be the case that I'm being impatient and I should wait for more team cohesion I hear that has a big effect on the team?Ā 

any help or thoughts would be much appreciated. Happy New Year!

Screenshot 2021-12-31 at 20.32.27.png

Screenshot 2021-12-31 at 20.33.36.png

Screenshot 2021-12-31 at 20.33.56.png

Screenshot 2021-12-31 at 20.34.54.png

Edited by Sammy_CJ

I can definitely see why you don't create good chances I think. It seems you are too focused on possession. The enganche is a hook so they don't move around a lot so you need players playing off them meaning you want players running ahead of them and from your tactic you've got just the AF; both wingers will hang around trying to help to build up play and you don't need that. I'll change one of the wingers to attack or change one of them to an IF on attackĀ 

5 hours ago, DarJ said:

I can definitely see why you don't create good chances I think. It seems you are too focused on possession. The enganche is a hook so they don't move around a lot so you need players playing off them meaning you want players running ahead of them and from your tactic you've got just the AF; both wingers will hang around trying to help to build up play and you don't need that. I'll change one of the wingers to attack or change one of them to an IF on attackĀ 

Thanks for the input! I see where you are coming from! I ideally want to keep the same role mentalities if possible as I want the fluid shape. If I add attack roles itā€™ll go flexible.Ā 
Ā 

what I have done is remove work the ball into box as I figured this with the enganche was to much and I added low crosses I shoulda done that much sooner I have winger types playing upfront. No point floating balls in.Ā 
Ā 

itā€™s worked a little better to be fair but not much. Iā€™m going for a Van Gal at Manchester United style 4-2-3-1. I know it didnā€™t work out but I think he was onto something! šŸ˜‚ i kinda want to focus a lot on possession but itā€™s a fine balance it seems.Ā 

6 minutes ago, Sammy_CJ said:

I ideally want to keep the same role mentalities if possible as I want the fluid shape. If I add attack roles itā€™ll go flexible.Ā 

I dont think team fluidity is that important but you could change the CM on defend to a DLP on support and one of the wingers on attack, and you should still keep the fluid shape I think