How to set a host stadium for a cup final?

rusty217

So I'm making a British Cup for England, Wales and Scotland but the final is always played at one of the finalist's stadiums as a home match, regardless of whether I set it as the national stadium, a neutral stadium, a host stadium or "stadium 0".

What it'd like is for any stadium in England, Wales or Scotland with over 50k capacity to be eligible to host and it be randomly selected from those, but I just can't figure it out.

Ok, then we work the same. Will look up a file for you with the correct setup that I used in FM20. It is a bit counterintuitive for some reason.

Btw, that things not work in basic with these stadiums seems to be a given. I sense a bit of movement of things towards advanced, so I will give you the advanced rules fix I have.

12 hours ago, Wolf_pd said:

Ok, then we work the same. Will look up a file for you with the correct setup that I used in FM20. It is a bit counterintuitive for some reason.

Btw, that things not work in basic with these stadiums seems to be a given. I sense a bit of movement of things towards advanced, so I will give you the advanced rules fix I have.

Thanks, I'd really appreciate it.

Also, generally thanks for hanging around here and helping people with all their queries! Using the editor is so much trial and error, it's nice to have somewhere to check with other people sometimes.

I am a mod so it does come with the territory :D But I appreciate you saying it

Here you go, the screenshot is from FM20, but should still work for FM22.

Go to your Cup. Go to Stadium Rules. Go to Stadiums for Fixture.

In the right screen set the stadium under Stadium, but DO NOT fill the stage name.
Don't ask me what the exact thought is behind it, but when I set the stage name as Final, it would pick a different (larger) stadium, while when I removed the Stage Name it would work. I found that out when checking an Advanced Rules for a regular nation.

image.thumb.png.efda9f2f8dbbb8e3a2c50984d198d747.png

Awesome, thanks!

Don't think I would have ever thought of that, but it works perfectly. It shows the final venue from the start of the season, like European competitions do, it can change and it respects my requirements. Got it to be a neutral venue during some testing earlier, but it was completely random and I  had one cup final played at a tiny stadium in Malta :D

Still having issues with this. When I first did it, it looked like it worked, but it just rotated between 3 stadiums. Definitely not what I wanted. I managed to fix that but in the process lost the part where it shows the final venue on the competition page. I guess everything still works alright, just annoying to not have that info there.