Not Another Newcastle United Story

Jenkinson25

Newcastle United have appointed rookie 26-year-old manager Cameron Dowell as their new manager.

Former boss Steve Bruce was relieved of his duties immediately after the recent takeover at St. James' Park.

Amanda Staveley and the Saudi Arabian Public Investment Fund released the following statement.

"Cameron Dowell is a highly-rated coach who has caught the eye on recent coaching courses.

"We understand the unease of supporters due to a lack of experience but ask for trust at this time.

"Cameron will be handed a large budget to revamp the playing squad while we look to install experience around him in a new-look backroom team."

Newcastle also announced their participation in a documentary series, to be aired on the Siga Games FM Stories forum.

Chapter One: Callum Wilson is injured. 

"A word, boss?" 

Graeme Jones, Newcastle United assistant manager, pokes his head into the dressing room. He looks like he's about to cry.

"What's up?" Dowell responds. We are just meeting for the first time, to set the boundaries and rules for our documentary series. 

"It's Callum."

"Oh. ****."

A heavy challenge in training has left Wilson with a dislocated shoulder just weeks before the season starts. I turn to Dowell. He looks to me.

"Get Joelinton in here please, Graeme."

Joelinton enters a few minutes later. He is muddy and breathing heavily. He has also been transfer listed since the moment Dowell arrived.

"Joel," the manager says. "I'm going to need you this season. Are you up for it?"

The Brazilian breaks into a beaming smile. "Thank you, gaffer," he says.

After he leaves, Dowell turns to me.

"Look, this is off-the-record for now. But we're going to try and get a stop-gap in too. Callum will be out for the first month or so of the season. Maybe six weeks by the time he builds up fitness."

"What kind of stop-gap?" I ask.

"You'll know him...." Dowell smiles.

Chapter Two: Money Spent.

Every day we arrive at the training complex there seems to be someone new, or someone hurriedly packing items into a rucksack and leaving.

Ryan Fraser was the first out the door, while Ciaran Clark left to join Hertha Berlin. Dwight Gayle left for Nottingham Forest before Callum Wilson was injured.

But the Geordie public are excited about the first ventures into the transfer market from Dowell.

Handed a budget of £200m - according to the Newcastle Chronicle - United landed Eric Dier, Matheus Nunes, Raphinha and Ruben Loftus-Cheek to the tune of £100m.

Joe Willock had previously been signed by Steve Bruce, while Jarrad Branthwaite joined on loan from Everton.

Chapter Three: The First Interview

CAMERON DOWELL: "When I arrived at the club, I told the owners one thing: the squad is horribly imbalanced.

"I showed them a presentation of my squad audit. We had six wingers but three central midfielders and the quality at centre-back was poor.

"Eric Dier was put forward by the scouting team, as was Matheus Nunes, who can become a leading Premier League midfielder.

"I personally went out and signed Raphinha and Ruben because I feel like they are two exciting and established performers.

"We know that there are still areas to be improved but this window is not about building a Premier League winning squad. 

"We want to give ourselves the tools to compete for 12 months and assess again next summer when we have more time."

Chapter Four: The Team

Cameron Dowell approaches me in the hallway. He is clutching a notebook.

"Take a look at that," he says. "What do you reckon?"

"Best XI," is scrawled on the top of the page. Callum Wilson is injured, obviously, so Joelinton is leading the line. Martin Dubravka is also in a race against time to be available for the curtain raiser against Leeds United.

The attacking options are impressive, it has to be said, but there remain doubts about the defensive qualities.

"Go on then boss," I say. "Who is the mystery stop-gap striker signing?"

United had the press in a frenzy at this point. There had been a rejected enquiry for Dominic Calvert-Lewin. Gareth Bale reportedly turned down a deal, while Spanish press claim Luis Suarez was even considered.

"Okay, but keep it quiet," Dowell says. "Gonzalo Higuain."

He walks away. I stand a while longer, jaw open.

This season could be very interesting.

Edited by neilhoskins77
Screenshots removed as per FM Stories rules

Jenkinson, hi and welcome to our little corner of the boards.

As a Newcastle fan, I'm delighted someone is taking over from Steve Bruce......literally, anyone will do.

But there are some rules you need to read before you continue here I'm afraid. This part of the forum is for stories, no screenshots here I'm afraid so I'm going to remove them for you now. I've linked the rules for you, and you can decide if you want to continue with the story here in an amended form, or if you'd rather move it to an area where screenshots etc are permitted.

On 29/10/2021 at 14:11, neilhoskins77 said:

Jenkinson, hi and welcome to our little corner of the boards.

As a Newcastle fan, I'm delighted someone is taking over from Steve Bruce......literally, anyone will do.

I second this. Good luck! One of my favourite stories on the forum was a Newcastle one. 

On 29/10/2021 at 00:52, Jenkinson25 said:

Newcastle United have appointed rookie 26-year-old manager Cameron Dowell as their new manager.

Former boss Steve Bruce was relieved of his duties immediately after the recent takeover at St. James' Park.

Amanda Staveley and the Saudi Arabian Public Investment Fund released the following statement.

"Cameron Dowell is a highly-rated coach who has caught the eye on recent coaching courses.

"We understand the unease of supporters due to a lack of experience but ask for trust at this time.

"Cameron will be handed a large budget to revamp the playing squad while we look to install experience around him in a new-look backroom team."

Newcastle also announced their participation in a documentary series, to be aired on the Siga Games FM Stories forum.

Chapter One: Callum Wilson is injured. 

"A word, boss?" 

Graeme Jones, Newcastle United assistant manager, pokes his head into the dressing room. He looks like he's about to cry.

"What's up?" Dowell responds. We are just meeting for the first time, to set the boundaries and rules for our documentary series. 

"It's Callum."

"Oh. ****."

A heavy challenge in training has left Wilson with a dislocated shoulder just weeks before the season starts. I turn to Dowell. He looks to me.

"Get Joelinton in here please, Graeme."

Joelinton enters a few minutes later. He is muddy and breathing heavily. He has also been transfer listed since the moment Dowell arrived.

"Joel," the manager says. "I'm going to need you this season. Are you up for it?"

The Brazilian breaks into a beaming smile. "Thank you, gaffer," he says.

After he leaves, Dowell turns to me.

"Look, this is off-the-record for now. But we're going to try and get a stop-gap in too. Callum will be out for the first month or so of the season. Maybe six weeks by the time he builds up fitness."

"What kind of stop-gap?" I ask.

"You'll know him...." Dowell smiles.

Chapter Two: Money Spent.

Every day we arrive at the training complex there seems to be someone new, or someone hurriedly packing items into a rucksack and leaving.

Ryan Fraser was the first out the door, while Ciaran Clark left to join Hertha Berlin. Dwight Gayle left for Nottingham Forest before Callum Wilson was injured.

But the Geordie public are excited about the first ventures into the transfer market from Dowell.

Handed a budget of £200m - according to the Newcastle Chronicle - United landed Eric Dier, Matheus Nunes, Raphinha and Ruben Loftus-Cheek to the tune of £100m.

Joe Willock had previously been signed by Steve Bruce, while Jarrad Branthwaite joined on loan from Everton.

Chapter Three: The First Interview

CAMERON DOWELL: "When I arrived at the club, I told the owners one thing: the squad is horribly imbalanced.

"I showed them a presentation of my squad audit. We had six wingers but three central midfielders and the quality at centre-back was poor.

"Eric Dier was put forward by the scouting team, as was Matheus Nunes, who can become a leading Premier League midfielder.

"I personally went out and signed Raphinha and Ruben because I feel like they are two exciting and established performers.

"We know that there are still areas to be improved but this window is not about building a Premier League winning squad. 

"We want to give ourselves the tools to compete for 12 months and assess again next summer when we have more time."

Chapter Four: The Team

Cameron Dowell approaches me in the hallway. He is clutching a notebook.

"Take a look at that," he says. "What do you reckon?"

"Best XI," is scrawled on the top of the page. Callum Wilson is injured, obviously, so Joelinton is leading the line. Martin Dubravka is also in a race against time to be available for the curtain raiser against Leeds United.

The attacking options are impressive, it has to be said, but there remain doubts about the defensive qualities.

"Go on then boss," I say. "Who is the mystery stop-gap striker signing?"

United had the press in a frenzy at this point. There had been a rejected enquiry for Dominic Calvert-Lewin. Gareth Bale reportedly turned down a deal, while Spanish press claim Luis Suarez was even considered.

"Okay, but keep it quiet," Dowell says. "Gonzalo Higuain."

He walks away. I stand a while longer, jaw open.

This season could be very interesting.

first post! Love it

Looking forward to more.