In possession and out of possession formation

Tufty78

I really wish in the tactics window there was a separate formation for when your team has the ball and when it doesn't , so you could do things like drop a defensive midfielder in between the centre backs to make a back three while pushing full backs into the midfield or maybe having one of a midfield three move up to a No.10 role. But out of possession being able to revert to a solid back four and midfield.

What do people think of this?

• 4 weeks later...

I totally agree.  I was going through the forum just to see if this has already been raised as I was going to.  In real life most managers have two shapes, and it is hard to replicate that in the game.  I watch a number of tactical videos on how managers use certain formations and they always mention the attack phase and defense phases and both shapes are different.

The nearest we have at the moment is an offensive formation and a defensive version that you can use to see out a game.   

• 1 month later...
  • SI Staff

This is something that has been raised before from the community but its always good to get more input on ideas. Keep in mind that the games current design is that through team & player instructions you mould the formation for your transition & attacking phases, with the formation representing your team shape without possession. That being said, it is an idea for consideration. It is something that may be declined, or more forward following further development could be incorporated into the FM series.