[Suggestion] Possibility to choose the uniforms

Claude87

This is something I had hoped for a long time.

In that case "realism" should take a backseat to "accessibility" -- I had to abandon more than one save in the past because some colour combinations are likely to result in clashes of colour (the most notable was St. Pauli in either 19 or 20. At least once a month I had no idea which team was on the ball) or the algorithm made weird choices. Like picking the 3rd kit semi-regularly that in RL gets at most 3 matches a year and in such a role is either a marketing proof of concept or completely off in terms of team brand.

It doesn't hurt, should be relatively easy to implement, and just makes 3D matches nicer to look at if one is particularly unlucky with the colours.

[I am in no way an expert in this area but shouldn't such an option also benefit the visually impaired?]

I agree with you Piperita.

It must also be said that many players are passionate about kits (even the unknown ones) and being able to choose them in the game would be great, even for 2d colors.

is there no one to help us bring this idea to the fm bosses? ;):lol:

Yeah, in draft mode you can change your kit, so adding something preseason to be able to change the design of the shirts would also be cool.
I realise not exactly what you're asking for, but made me think of it.
Not a priority obviously, but would be neat.

Personally I'm not really fussed about visuals, I prefer a stable game with IRL features that actually progress the game and gives some meaningful content such as a complete rebuild of the scouting area/system.

There's likely some legal stumbling blocks with regards to your suggestion.

Hi MasterKAno!

Why legal obstacles??

If I can see the kits in the team summary, why can't I choose which jersey my team will play in?

There are kitpacks with thousands of different kits, but the game does not allow you to choose them before the game! :seagull:

and in any case it would be nice to be able to choose which colors the teams take to the field. Even if one uses the game without kitpack.

You are right that there are more important things about the game, but I think a lot of players are comfortable with my idea. ;)

Edited by Claude87

26 minutes ago, Claude87 said:

Hi MasterKAno!

Why legal obstacles??

If I can see the kits in the team summary, why can't I choose which jersey my team will play in?

There are kitpacks with thousands of different kits, but the game does not allow you to choose them before the game! :seagull:

and in any case it would be nice to be able to choose which colors the teams take to the field. Even if one uses the game without kitpack.

You are right that there are more important things about the game, but I think a lot of players are comfortable with my idea. ;)

Sponsorship issues, kit designer issues and such.

The game designers already have issues with badges in the game, they just had a "legal battle" with Manchester United.

They also have issues with certain leagues such as Japan from what I've been told, Juventus is another club.

Kit-packs are fan made and clubs likely don't see it as financially viable to sue individuals for making them, some webpage hosts have even gone as far as to disallow them from being hosted on their webpages more than

likely for legal issues. I'm not 100% sure on these things but they're likely considerations.

Also I've got no issue with your ideas it's just there's a finite amount of resources and they're better spent elsewhere.

• 2 months later...
  • Administrators

We wouldn't add the feature of 'selecting which kit to wear' pre match, as it's not a task performed by the manager in real life. If ever there are instances of kit clashes, they would be bugs that can be reported on our Match Art and Animation forum. :)

As for 'changing kits each season', as it's been alluded to above, this isn't possible due to licensing constraints I'm afraid.