(FM18) game hanging on "setting up game database" after creating custom database

I have created a new database in the Editor, and when trying to start a new game it will hang on "setting up game database". I have cleared the cache and uninstalled and reinstalled the game, the files in the both the game and the Editor have been successfully verified. When I was half way through the database I was able to create a new game to test the changes, but since updating the database I am now facing the problem. The file itself isn't particularly large, so I am not sure what it causing the issue. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

I have attached the file below.

9798.fm.fmf

Hi Wolf, no there was no ping sound or notification saying there was an error. I have to close the game via the task manager and I notice that it says the game isn't responding. I have waited around 30 minutes (the first time it happened) and there was no movement on the bar.

Which competitions are you loading? I am trying the loading out right now to see if I can spot any issues.

Seeing that you have around half a million changes in the file, that's quite a lot for FM18, but I have seen more.

Edit: Same issue as you have, no clue what it causes, but I might be missing information.

I'm currently loading only loading the English leagues. In order to create the 1997-98 database I removed the current players and either created new ones or used the retired players, which would explain the amount of changes. The odd thing is that I was able to start a new game with half the Premier League created with no real issues, other than a few players missing. I did save the file to Cloud, but when I started a new game it only picked up the changes from the Local file, I don't know whether this might be linked.