Have a tactic that is good, but need to improve

porto.JPG.861c7ff6bae8a22efae7b4ffbe1ffe36.JPG

Hi guys have this tactic with Porto. 
I feel results in CL have been good, but could improve in the League. 

I feel my wingers and TQ is not so included in the offensive part of the game. 

Any suggestions to improve and why, would be really helpful. 

XG.JPG

matches.JPG

Tactic.JPG

Edited by Nima2708

Your results look pretty good.  What do you want to do better?  Do you want to mess with what's working just because you had one draw and one close loss, away, to a very good opponent?

Hard to analyze with that many TIs but a few thoughts:

You are playing a 4-2-3-1 with no DM and not even a CM with a Defend duty.  Also, you employ higher tempo, counter-pressing, higher LOE, much higher DL and urgent pressing.  All of this is very aggressive.  Therefore, you are going to be more vulnerable to counter attacks, especially to good teams.  Maybe have an alternate tactic which is a little more solid defensively, which you can use against top teams, and when you have a late lead.  It does not have to be passive, just more solid,  Maybe a notch lower on DL and LOE, maybe a DM or at least a holding CM on Defend

You have some possession instructions - short passing, play out of defence, and WBIB, but possibly contradicting that -- but, again, if it works, it works -- you have three players up front on attack duty and the TI 'run at defence'.

Edited by glengarry224

1 hour ago, glengarry224 said:

Your results look pretty good.  What do you want to do better?  Do you want to mess with what's working just because you had one draw and one close loss, away, to a very good opponent?

Hard to analyze with that many TIs but a few thoughts:

You are playing a 4-2-3-1 with no DM and not even a CM with a Defend duty.  Also, you employ higher tempo, counter-pressing, higher LOE, much higher DL and urgent pressing.  All of this is very aggressive.  Therefore, you are going to be more vulnerable to counter attacks, especially to good teams.  Maybe have an alternate tactic which is a little more solid defensively, which you can use against top teams, and when you have a late lead.  It does not have to be passive, just more solid,  Maybe a notch lower on DL and LOE, maybe a DM or at least a holding CM on Defend

You have some possession instructions - short passing, play out of defence, and WBIB, but possibly contradicting that -- but, again, if it works, it works -- you have three players up front on attack duty and the TI 'run at defence'.

Thanks, I feel I dont get enough out of the wide players and the one behind the striker. 
I changed on midfielder to DLPD and TQ to Shadow striker. Some more goals and key passes from the player behind the striker. But those wide players.....

23 minutes ago, Nima2708 said:

Thanks, I feel I dont get enough out of the wide players and the one behind the striker. 
I changed on midfielder to DLPD and TQ to Shadow striker. Some more goals and key passes from the player behind the striker. But those wide players.....

If you can, maybe switch sides with the CMs so that the DLP(d) is covering the left flank, which is more vulnerable.  Could the RW be a regular winger?  That would create more variation on how the team is attacking.  Could the LW be an IW(a)?  Looks like he has great dribbling and flair.  IW(a) still attacks but usually starts wider and attacks with the ball, whereas the IF often attacks the box without the ball and might compete with the SS and AF for the same space in the box.

2 hours ago, glengarry224 said:

If you can, maybe switch sides with the CMs so that the DLP(d) is covering the left flank, which is more vulnerable.  Could the RW be a regular winger?  That would create more variation on how the team is attacking.  Could the LW be an IW(a)?  Looks like he has great dribbling and flair.  IW(a) still attacks but usually starts wider and attacks with the ball, whereas the IF often attacks the box without the ball and might compete with the SS and AF for the same space in the box.

thanks! That was some really good points! I will try that come back with the results :)