Crowd Sounds for FM21

SpiderJu

Hi,

anyone who worked for that big Issue in Fm Game?
:)

i know about that File: Link: https://www.fmscout.com/a-fm21-better-crowd-sounds-mod.html

in the Comments i read, maybe not possible for 21.4 FM21 Game Version
+ and i hope someone worked for that - i am sure -  a big Project - but maybe some Member are motivat to help.
myself, i have hundreds of fan chants - most of them works fine ( in pes 2021 )
and maybe, we can work together for that Project

Greetings

I tried that file in FM20 but found it repeated a lot and sometimes doubled up when commentating so it needs a lot of refinement . Cant see why it wouldn't work for 21.4 as i don't think the sound files are touched in any updates 

hi - oh my idea are only real fan chants - and not to hear Commentary. the commentary sound mod in last fm years was fun, but not really quality - i do not like that

my wish are real stadium athmosphere moments

:)

fan chants like from predator in pes game

The sound does need a major overhaul or a community led project because it is a weak area in the current game imho.  However I know when this subject has been raised previously on these forums a lot of FM players say they play with the sound off and listen to music, etc.  Personally I wish the sounds were better so that a Champions League game sounds markedly different to a League 2 game.

I remember a good few years back there was a sound pack made by a forum member (Bennico?) which really added something, when you were doing badly the crowd chanted "Sack the board, sack the board" and if the referee made a decision they crowd would occasionally chant "the referee's a w**ker" and all major team and some smaller ones had their own chant.  To me, it really added something to the game, added to the immersion factor.  Sadly it didn't work on later versions

Infos from a friend, that tried massive to find a way, but...

The best he've managed to do is to use some team chants with the sound trigger SOUND_ATTACK_BUILD_UP, but the downside is that they have to be manually changed between matches in order to have the correct teams' chants in a match.
Also, you cannot decide the exact situation where a specific team chant plays. It happens in random during an attacking buildup phase, so quite often in the game.

He remember some older FM's having the line of code examples for triggers like SOUND_TEAM_CHANT, where the filename was team ID number and SOUND_PLAYER_CHANT where the filename was player ID.

However, SI left out the lines from the match_sounds.cfg a few years ago and they don't seem to work in the latest few Football Manager games. The ID-based chants would be very convenient, but for some reason they don't seem to be supported anymore.

He actually have match_sounds.cfg from FM 14 or FM 16 that still had those team and player chant lines. The problem is that the newer FM games don't know how to read the lines, even if I copied the old lines there,  because the inner code in FM 21 responding to those sound triggers doesn't exist. For some reason the ID system, which was a great idead, has ben removed from the newer games. There's no mention of SOUND_TEAM_CHANT or SOUND_PLAYERCHANT in the matchevents.xml either, so the trigger wouldn't lead anywhere. 😢

Unfortunately he don't think there's much he could do to make the library of sounds much more accessible and automatic compared to its current state.

Anyone who wants to have chants for team X and team Y in a specific game, would need to add the files into the \sounds\ folder and then edit the match_sounds.cfg, adding lines for those chants like this, for example:

SOUND_ATTACK_BUILD_UP,       "FM_hamburg",       0, 1, 2, 0
SOUND_ATTACK_BUILD_UP,       "FM_hamburg2",      0, 1, 2, 0

SOUND_ATTACK_BUILD_UP,       "FM_hamburg3",       0, 1, 2, 0
SOUND_ATTACK_BUILD_UP,       "FM_borussiamg",      0, 1, 2, 0

SOUND_ATTACK_BUILD_UP,       "FM_borussiamg2",       0, 1, 2, 0

• - - and so on…

he would not be able to make a ready match_sounds.cfg for other users, because each matchup is different and one has to swap the lines and file names between matches. That is the best way he have found, since SI removed the possibility to use ID-based chants.

he too dream of a realistic match atmosphere in FM, but he spent lots of time trying and testing different things and the one he mentioned before is the best he've found so far.

Maybe SI decide to appreciate the sounds one day and adjust their match engine so that home and away chants/goal celebrations etc. can be separate (currently home & away goals use same sound effects etc.) and team/player IDs can be once again used to add specific chants and whole automated chant libraries.

But at the moment, his hands are pretty much tied.

Edited by SpiderJu