Cup Error: Number of dates set in stage 0 is 5 but should be equal to 6??

Carlito85

I've never had this error message before but it's got me completely baffled. I have 20 teams in the round, with 5 games played on Wednesday and 5 on Thursday (10 teams competing on each day) so I'm not sure where the editor is getting its numbers from.

Is there any other section I can check aside from the Dates tab under Rounds? I'm guessing the number 5 is applied somewhere but I can't find anything indicating so.

EDIT: I should add that in the General tab under Rounds I changed the number of matches from 10 to 12 and I stopped getting the error, but now I'm getting another error saying that 2 different competitions have 2 different years set. It appears I've hit a dead end.

Edited by Carlito85

About your Edit:

Does this happen to you when you try to import an old version?

It happened to me and even when I changed the dates (in "general" tab) it didn't seem to recognise them.

What I did was to recreate fake competitions with the dates I wanted and then copy/paste the ones I had created tab by tab, taking care not to touch the "general" tab.

Edited by Samuel77

3 hours ago, Samuel77 said:

About your Edit:

Does this happen to you when you try to import an old version?

It happened to me and even when I changed the dates (in "general" tab) it didn't seem to recognise them.

What I did was to recreate fake competitions with the dates I wanted and then copy/paste the ones I had created tab by tab, taking care not to touch the "general" tab.

Yeah it's from an FM20 import. I'm gonna try importing it again because the rest I've done so far have been working fine. No idea why this one in particular is being so difficult.

I want to avoid recreating everything in the file from scratch if I can because I have another 45-50 files I need to import, update and verify lol.

Revival files ? Miami miami !

You can also import your file, add a new rule, rename it Champions League for example, then copy/paste each tab, stage, fixture, etc from the old one (except the tab called "general") it's pretty fast. And finally fill manually the "general" tab which is still blank.

Good luck with your files !

Edited by Samuel77