[FM21] Why is my fullback so good? His attributes aren't that impressive

Orion_

Hi everyone.

I have quite weird question. I'm always baffled about why my wing back performs so good despite not having like amazing attributes.

Here is 'the man'.

obraz.thumb.png.492095315303cd70b7d2a97783c4037c.png

And here is him through few seasons in my club.

obraz.thumb.png.63ccbfc79bf46f2af1d48d3b32cac524.png

I highlighted last season where we ended up in CL group stage instead of current season because we are still in qualifiers playing against some minor sides. Also keep in mind that this little amount of games in general view is because I have that specific situation at club that I have two starting elevens that I change after almost every game and he's actually in this slightly better team that plays continental competition.

Here are his ratings among all competition.

obraz.thumb.png.ad37c7849c8331155e320dd1b5d0dace.png

I wouldn't be surprised if he got so good ratings against clubs in my mediocre league but he performs really good even against much bigger clubs in Europe.

My tactic for few last season was Knap's 4-2-3-1 with WB(S) and now he's playing in my own tactic 4-4-1-1 which you'll be able to see right below.

obraz.thumb.png.a7f79a1950eda7f9411b7b8c9d1c37d9.png

It's interesting that with previous tactic his task was doing overlaps and bombing down the flank with byline crosses while now I wanted to make kind of 'asymmetrical' tactic doing kind of like Liverpool irl where Robertson does byline crosses and TTA is doing crosses from deeper positions and yet still Dasilva delivers perfectly in most games. He's capable of getting like 7+ ratings WITHOUT assists or goals which is incredible imo.

To give you comparison I'll show you my other starting WB from other side of the pitch.

obraz.thumb.png.bc57f7b8736b7569502224df3a737aca.png

The other defender don't have any traits and only considerable difference between them (in term of other aspects) is that Kesti don't like important matches (orange not red circle) but on the other hand he have higher consistency. Kesti is also almost both feet.

Spoiler

I even checked it with ingame editor and Dasilva and Kesti have respectively important matches/consistency as 10/12 and 9/12 so the difference is almost non existent.

So do any of you have idea why he's just superior to the other defender who is in general in most areas similar or better than Dasilva (except set pieces but I frankly don't care at all about those)? He is also the best defender I ever had in this save (on both sides even thou he only plays on left, only time he's playing on right was when I was short on players due to injuries) and believe me I had a few that had similar or better attributes but he's the one that delivers every time.

5 hours ago, Welshace said:

Technicals aren't really that important in lower or the not so competitive leagues

Well that's my point. He has better ratings that team average even in continental competition. The other wing back has similar determination, better physicals and is his 'weaker' foot is Fairly Strong so he's almost both feet.

Here are some Europa matches. I don't have many of those.

obraz.thumb.png.b5265d47c44ece471a3a1ffb20500c9f.png

He's just regularly player with highest average rating and I just don't know why. It would be good to know in terms of looking for his replacement since he's already 27.