Crashes when saving

Currently trying to play FM21 on my Xbox series X. I have tried over a period of days, starting between 10-20 new offline careers to attempt to solve the issue.

The issue is that the game will freeze at certain save points. When I manually save or the game auto saves, the game freezes and I have to close the game. This leads to the save file being corrupted and therefore I cannot play that career anymore, hence the restarts. It can happen on the first save, or even as far in as after the first few games of a season. 

This problem is persistent, and is a real issue when trying to enjoy the game. I hope it will be fixed soon.

• SI Staff

Hi @FmKyle we have a possible solution for you to send any saves over to us that are experiencing crashes however, this will only be possible if you have a PC (Windows 10). You can sync saves between console and Windows 10 thanks to Microsoft's Play Anywhere.

If you are playing on console or switching between console and PC, then follow these steps:

1) Launch FM21 Xbox Edition on Windows 10 and sign into your account (this will start to sync data across from the console)

2) Once the title launches, load the affected file from the 'Load Game' or 'Load Last Game' dialog

3) Once the save has loaded please minimize the game and go to the following: C:\Users\YOUR.NAME\AppData\Local\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2021 Xbox Edition\Temporary

4) Within the Temporary folder you will find the save (please note that the save and information will disappear soon after opening)

5) Copy the save file from the folder to another location (for example the desktop)

6) Upload to our cloud service (details copied below)

If you are playing on the PC version, then follow these steps:

1) Launch FM21 Xbox Edition on Windows 10 and sign into your account 

2) Once the title launches, load the affected file from the 'Load Game' or 'Load Last Game' dialog

3) Once the save has loaded please minimize the game and go to the following: C:\Users\YOUR.NAME\AppData\Local\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2021 Xbox Edition\Temporary

4) Within the Temporary folder you will find the save (please note that the save and information will disappear soon after opening)

5) Copy the save file from the folder to another location (for example the desktop)

6) Upload to our cloud service (details copied below)

Hi, how will this help with the fact that the saves haven’t even saved once? I can’t send a file that doesn’t exist. I had been clearing the files once they corrupted and now have no saves. And I can’t get it to get PST the first save with any set up. 

How am I supposed to play the game if every time I or the game try to save it freezes? What can you do about this?

• SI Staff

@FmKyle, in some cases attempting to load a "corrupted" save will appear in the folder that I referenced in my post above. By providing that information it allows us to investigate the issue further. Even potentially providing a save from just before the issue occurs could be useful.

Another thing to check would be opening the "Load Game" dialog via the FM menu and check "Total Space" & "Space Available" just to see what figures are displaying there.