Trying to create my own style

Hi all,

I'm trying to create a tactic but I can never get it to play the way I want it to, The idea stems from a save I had on FM15 with West Ham, it was just perfect, the football was superb with the striker easily getting 60-70 goals a season across all comps and the 2 wingers getting 20-25 goals and 30-40 assists. Now them sort of numbers only came once I had a team full of superstars, This time I'm Manchester C so I'm hoping by having a super team now, I may be able to replicate it. I am halfway through my 2nd season and I'm doing well but I just want to see if I can get my own style of football created,

Here's my plan

I want to use a 4-3-3 DM wide formation.  I want my striker to be my main goal scoring threat and I want my wingers to to be the main creators. I want to get the ball to my wingers who then drive to the byline and fire crosses into the danger zone for my striker to tap in. I also want the wingers to attack the back post when crosses are coming in from the opposite flank to chip in with goals.

In the centre of the park, I want the DM to just sit there, break up the play and recycle possession and when the DM has the ball, I want the 2 CM's to split either side of him and find space to receive the pass. When they have the ball, I want us to be patient and knock the ball around until we can either get 1 of the wingers into space or play a ball that gets the winger in behind the full back. I also need 1 of the CM's to be able to get into the box and provide an additional goal scoring threat. 

So with all that in mind, I've created this. The back 4 I've gone along the lines of the 2 CB's just being defenders and the 2 full backs just push up to offer support for the pass from the midfielders

PI's are;

Silva - Get further forward and stay wider

De Bruyne - Stay wider

Both wingers - Cross from byline and cross aim centre

Out of possession I've pushed them up so we have more bodies to offer passing options, ditto with the attacking width. We still wanna press high and get the ball back early so counter press and higher LOE but once we get the ball we hold on to it so hold shape with shorter passing and slower tempo. Focusing down each wing should mean we get the ball out wide more often?

Am I along the right lines with my thinking?

FM21.png

I can imagine your poacher having a really hard time with virtually no substantial support. Even AF, who is a considerably more mobile role would struggle in this setup, let alone the static poacher. 

And the issue is made even worse by the fact that you manage a top team that will by and large face ultra-defensive opposition, leading to even greater isolation of your poor lone striker. 

Btw, SK on attack duty totally runs counter both to your overly possession-oriented team instructions and only one attacking duty up front. 

The setup of roles and duties is generally not quite possession-minded either, in spite of the excess of support duties (simply because your roles are not possession-friendly enough). 

But you should test the tactic anyway and see what happens.

8 minutes ago, LeeWHU888 said:

Based on my idea, how would you go about setting up?

Taking also into account that you manage Man City, perhaps something like this:

CFat

IWat                               Wsu

APsu     CMat

HB

WBsu   CDde  CDde   IWBsu

SKde

Positive - shorter passing, play out of defense, focus play down left and right, underlap right & overlap left - counter-press - higher D-line & split block