Favoured clubs and personnel

Hi 

A couple of points on favoured clubs and personnel:

1) When one of your players decides to add you as his favoured personnel, or the club you are managing as his favoured club, is there any chance we can get a news item for it, just to inform? I only seem to find out by chance if I happen to look at their Personal page months later. 

2) As things stand in FMM, do some players have multiple favoured clubs? I have noticed some have one club referenced in their Personal page, but on the Training page it says they want to help their current one succeed (which is usually what is said when they are playing for their Favoured Club). See Max Power example below. So does he favour both Tranmere and Sunderland? If so, why isn't Sunderland displayed on his Personal page? I'm guessing it's a UI thing. 

Thanks 

Screenshot_20210122-232142.jpg

Screenshot_20210122-232136.jpg

Edited by passenger58

12 hours ago, passenger58 said:

As things stand in FMM, do some players have multiple favoured clubs? I have noticed some have one club referenced in their Personal page, but on the Training page it says they want to help their current one succeed (which is usually what is said when they are playing for their Favoured Club)

Players can definitely have more than one favourite club (and person) stored in the save game, even though they can't all be shown in the game. 

When FMM21 first came out, I took a look at the save game file and found that the favourites section is now variable (in FMM20 a player could only have 1 favourite club, 1 favourite person and one disliked person). 

In the file I was looking at Mason Mount had both Portsmouth and Chelsea as favourite clubs. I'm guessing a bit, but I think Portsmouth had a 'score' of 100, while Chelsea seemed to have 90 - so looks like Portsmouth is still number 1 for him. In the game, Portsmouth shows up as this Favoured Club, but he gets the "Wants to help Chelsea succeed" message.

So that seems very similar to what your describing above - but I obviously haven't looked inside your save file! Also, I'm just a third party person who knows a bit about the save game file format, it would be great get an official response from someone who knows how the game actually works! 😄

Thanks for that, @StephenCronin

That would make sense. I have a player now in my 5th season at Sunderland who I've had from the start (Aiden O'Brien). 

He started with Millwall as his favoured club and has that presently, however at some point in the last few seasons he had Sunderland as his favoured club and it has since switched back. 

I was always under the impression that once a player picks up a favoured club they are stuck with it and it doesn't change (that always used to bug me when one of my young players had 20 games on loan somewhere and came back with them as his favoured club before a 15 year career with my club).

So based off my example and your analysis it sounds like O'Brien started with Millwall, switched to Sunderland, and has now changed his mind. 

14 hours ago, passenger58 said:

Thanks for that, @StephenCronin

That would make sense. I have a player now in my 5th season at Sunderland who I've had from the start (Aiden O'Brien). 

He started with Millwall as his favoured club and has that presently, however at some point in the last few seasons he had Sunderland as his favoured club and it has since switched back. 

I was always under the impression that once a player picks up a favoured club they are stuck with it and it doesn't change (that always used to bug me when one of my young players had 20 games on loan somewhere and came back with them as his favoured club before a 15 year career with my club).

So based off my example and your analysis it sounds like O'Brien started with Millwall, switched to Sunderland, and has now changed his mind. 

Yeah, looks like that's how it works now - he like both clubs a lot and might change which is number one from time to time. 

But yeah in FMM20 and before, there was only one 'slot' for favourite team and from memory, once it was set, it was set for good. So this is definitely an improvement (I'm assuming the game will use this information for different things even if we can't see it very easily).