Assistant manager quick sub bug

When assistant manager suggests a quick sub, sometimes the player doesn't leave the field - but the substitute is used. 

E.g. I quick subbed Goetze and he went off but remained on the field at the same time. Basically the player off the bench doesn't come on and disappears from the squad. 

This has happened on many occasions.

Thanks

IMG-20210101-WA0041.jpeg

• SI Staff

Hi @BlubberLUKE, thanks for your post. 

We have not seen this issue internally, can you please advise if the substitute in question was made by actioning the Assistants advice in the pop-up or by using the subs bar at the bottom of the screen? 

Could you also advise which platform you are playing on.

Thanks in advance.

Not sure if anyone else experienced this but while the match is going on a player will pick up an injury and the assistant manager will pop up with the quick option on replacing them for a player on the bench. If you press Y (yes do it) A bug will then happen where the player stays on the pitch injured but if you then go on the tactics page he’s also shown on the subs bench as being subbed off. Happened twice now. 

Also a side note, maybe it’s because I haven’t played a FM game since FM2008 on Xbox 360 but are you no longer about to recruit all your members of your staff? I.e goal keeper coach, fitness coach etc This was available on FM2008 but can’t seem to do this on the new one. 

Thanks 

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

This is on FM21 XBOX played on the Xbox Series X

Yes this error occurs when actioning the assistant suggestion (pressing Y) for a substitute due to an injury or fatigue. I believe someone else has posted about this issue also (see below).

Thanks

Edited by BlubberLUKE

• SI Staff

Hi @BlubberLUKE, thank you for your response.

Thank you for providing additional information, we are currently looking into this issue. 

In order to help us further, are either of you able to advise if this is happening every time you action the pop up advice pressing Y, or is it happening intermittently?

@Jdh91 the staff recruitment is essentially limited to heads of department on Console versions and FMT and this is by design.