Best formation for my players?

Hey, I am currently using a 4-2-3-1 formation with my chelsea team (2nd season), and I am wondering if this foramtion suits Chelsea, or if another formation would suit them better? I tried 4-3-3DM a lot in the first season, but it didn't really work. Any suggestions?

Also, is there anything "wrong" with my 4-2-3-1? (roles and team instructions)

20210104225558_1.jpg

Edited by Oluf

Chelsea can definitely play in a 4231 and your setup of roles and duties looks quite decent to me.

Instructions could be a problem though. You use needlessly too many of them and - which is even worse - they look somewhat incoherent,

I would remove the vast majority of them and start with only these:

- play out of defence

- counter-press and distribute quickly

- higher D-line, offside trap and split block

Everything else would be left on default and then only occasionally small subtle tweaks would be made depending on the situation. 

28 minutes ago, Experienced Defender said:

Chelsea can definitely play in a 4231 and your setup of roles and duties looks quite decent to me.

Instructions could be a problem though. You use needlessly too many of them and - which is even worse - they look somewhat incoherent,

I would remove the vast majority of them and start with only these:

- play out of defence

- counter-press and distribute quickly

- higher D-line, offside trap and split block

Everything else would be left on default and then only occasionally small subtle tweaks would be made depending on the situation. 

Thanks for the reply, i will definetly try it out. 

1 minute ago, Experienced Defender said:

Okay, but keep in mind that it is not a plug'n'play tactic by any means. 

yup :)

Also wondered if there would be too many players in the middle (IW, DLF, AM) and if so, what is your suggestion to fix it?

23 minutes ago, Oluf said:

Also wondered if there would be too many players in the middle (IW, DLF, AM)

I don't think so, because you selected the right type of duties for them, so that should not be a problem :thup:

Btw, apart from that, you may consider switching the winger's (AMR) duty to support, at least in tougher matches (and primarily for defensive purposes). 

Just now, Experienced Defender said:

I don't think so, because you selected the right type of duties for them, so that should not be a problem :thup:

Btw, apart from that, you may consider switching the winger's (AMR) duty to support, at least in tougher matches (and primarily for defensive purposes). 

:thup: